Chapter 21: Princess Y/N Butterfly.

Like hitting him with bag of bricks in realization, Marco's eyes slowly burn with tears. He slowly kneel down and stares at the ground. Star's cries only occupied the eerie silence. How can he go on without you? You're his best friend. He left his long time crush for you... but sadly, you were kidnap all of a sudden.

Why is he crying? He shouldn't be. He left you alone. You told him you weren't friends for goodness' sake. So why is he wasting all his tears for this?

Maybe he realized his true feelings.

Marco shakes his head. "No."

Star hears this. "What?" She asks, confused.

"No," he repeats. "We're not giving up. Y/N's out there. I know she's out there."

Star smiles softly at the male. "I know you do."

"Now, let's find your sister and save her!" Marco puts up a determined smile on his face, Star and Janna follow.

◆△◆△ meanwhile... at your place.

You can't believe it. Why are you here in the first place? The man you love was in front of you, clearly distressed and nervous. You speak your mind.

"You sent hundreds of guards to kidnap me, just for this?"

"I am so sorry, my child," River, your father, apologizes. "Your mother told me."

Your eyes widen and from the bottom of your lungs scream, "MOM!"

"Yes?" Moon appears just seconds later. "What is the matter?"

"Why?" You grumble as you quickly approach her. "Why would you do this?"

"It is almost time to be queen, Y/N. You need to be ready." She says like it's not a big deal. It is for you.

"I don't want to be queen! I want to be free!"

River steps in. "I know it's hard, but it is the right thing to do. You are going to rule the kingdom like your ancestors."

"Besides," Moon says. "You can rule the kingdom your own way, Y/N." 

"Why should I do this? A-aren't there any rules?" You panic. It was never your job to panic. Only your sister.

"Actually there is," Moon answers, clapping her hands two times. A flash of light enters the room and a magical creature appears with a scroll in its hand. It's floating on a dark cloud.

It clears its throat and opens the scroll carefully. "Princess Y/N Butterfly, soon-to-be-queen of Mewni, has rules for her to follow; she may rule the kingdom her own way. She shall wear appropriate kingdom clothes not to her favor. She shall not fight monsters because it is forbidden."

"I know that!" You interrupt. "I need to know the darker rules."

"Oh, of course." The creature poofs up the scroll and instead a book appears in its hands. The book has a darker cover. It clears up its throat again. "You shall not decline the request to be crowned queen. If you do, everyone you know or fond of, will die. Exception is your family."

"So when I refuse... everyone I know... will die?"

"That is what I just announced, Princess."

You scowl. This messenger has an attitude.

Wait.

So if I refuse, Marco and the others will die?

Atleast Jackie dies with them.

But what about Marco? I can't just let him die. And Janna.

"How can I rule  my kingdom if I don't have a king?" You smirk, you need to somehow find a loophole out of this and outsmart the rules.

"You will be kingless, or we must engage you in an arranged marriage with Prince Alexander from the Kingdom of Cunie."

"No!" You shout. "I rather marry someone for love." Cheesy, but it's true. How can you um... love, or worse, marry a stranger? You haven't met 'em yet, you don't even have a chance. And you're going to marry them soon after?! That's pointless.

The creature bellows a finger. "Then, you must find someone before your coronation."

"I will," You snarkily reply back.

The creature exits the room, leaving you with your parents.

"Very well." Moon sighs. "If you want someone for love, we will set up a ball for princes to court you. You will stay here and we trust you to behave." She walks towards you. You look down. Moon cups your cheek, making you to face her. "Please don't attempt to escape, my Y/N. We want you to rule the kingdom. For us. For your people. For Mewni."

You sigh. "I... I'll try."

Moon and River smiles. "We love you, our daughter." River places a kiss on your forehead while Moon kisses your cheeks, exactly where your marks are.

"If you love me, why won't you let me be free?"

That left them to be speechless, but instead they exit the room, leaving you now to yourself.

What the heck I gotta do?

I can't be queen.

I'm scared.

◆△◆△

Short chapter before i go to sleep. Goodnight, everyone!

KimmiePines~