Chapter 27: Party-pooper

"What, really?" Marco asks, eyes wide as possible.

"Yes, I did."

Marco blinks. "Did? So you mean―"

"Yes, I used to have a crush on you, but now... I don't."

"Wh... why?" He asks, he's now quiet and meek, shocked and hurt lace in his now dry voice.

You shrug, pushing your lips together in a straight line. "I don't really know, Marco, I had a teeny winey crush on you at the Blood Moon Ball but when you and I fought, it went―psheww! Disappeared." You stare at the wall, pouting absentmindedly.

Marco fidgets uncomfortably, leaning onto the balcony. "Yeah, it was my fault."

"You know it." You lean too, taking a deep breath. "Anyways, tonight... I had fun talking to Prince Mud, so can we just end this through a dance?" You smirk, raising your palm. "May I have this dance, m'lady?" You joke, giggling every now and then.

Marco scoffs, rolling his eyes, yet taking your hand. "I should be the one asking you that."

"Shh!" You interrupt. "Just answer my question."

Rolling his eyes again, he leads you back inside. "Sure."

The music is still going and some people still dance at times. Marco slowly, yet awkwardly put his hand on you side and you place yours on his shoulder.

The two of you started dancing, most of the time, you were the one who's talking a lot, while Marco's just swaying you, nodding every now and then.

You figured, he wasn't really paying attention. His eyes are glued at the floor.

"Marco?" You lower your head to meet his gaze. "Hello? Earth to Prince Mud?"

"H-huh, what?"

"Are you... okay?" You asks.

He roll his shoulders. "Yeah, yeah... I'm alright," he reassures. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine," you answer. Marco didn't respond. You glance at him again. "Marco."

He doesn't reply.

"Marco Diaz?"

Still nothing.

"Marco Ubaldo Diaz!'

"Y-yeah??"

"Are you realy okay?" You ask, one last time.

Am I?

"Yes." Marco absentmindedly nods in response.

You sigh. "Marco, I... look― I'm sorry for not liking you back. Really, I was crushing into you like 2 months ago, but you gotta let go of the past. Hey, that doesn't mean we're not friends anymore." You stop, making him stop too, looking up with hopeful eyes. You trace his jaw. "Marco, I like you as a friend and I forgive you. Do you understand?"

He gives you a hesitant look before nodding solemnly. "Yep. Thank you for not giving up on me, N/N."

You huff. "Geez, you have to hang less with Pony. She's telling you everything."

Marco laughs.

It was beginning to darken, as the moon and the stars rise up to lighten the sky. You and Marco danced non-stop, having no chance to take any breaks. While doing so, they were satisfying themselves by having your conversations or just laughing at jokes.

"Are you tired?" Marco asks you after a minute later.

"Nope," you lie. "Are you?"

"A bit, but I still wanna hang out with you."

"Okay then." You smile.

You then hear people muttering, whispering something next to them, the news spreading quickly.

Distracted, you fail to notice a pair of strong arms pushing you off of Marco, sliding your (f/c) dress on the floor because you landed on your butt.

Not again! Is this a fricking deja vu?

"Hello, Y/N."

Your eyes narrow, teeth seething in anger as your blood begin to boil at the sight of the girl wearing a smug grin on her pathetic face.

Jackie.

◆△◆△

fucking duck. finsihed this in one sitting.

i actually continued writing this after i publushed 26b. So i didn't move, my hands are bruising, as well are my feet.

my eyelids are fucking closing, i can't seee a thing because itls so cbluerry i don'' even know what i'm takjing about anymore

Hopp you ebjoy the chapter

KimmieOinns~