Hikaru

It was after midnight when I woke up. I decided I’d start my own training tonight. Grabbing what I needed I started the hike out to the training area.

Reaching the arena I took up my meditation position sitting directly in the centre. I pulled out the pouch that held the first ring.

The idea was each ring had less and less magic restricting power to allow the inner magic to slowly filter through more. Once I could handle one ring I would move on to the next until I could handle going without completely.

I slipped on the first ring and removed my howlite ring. It didn’t take long for me to start feeling the difference in power. It shook my body completely and the pressure was so much I was being flattened to the ground. I couldn’t believe how weak I was, it was only the first ring and it was already incredibly difficult.

I tried to sit up but it kept weighing me down. My vision became blurred until I was out cold.

I didn’t know how long I lay in the darkness before I saw a white light. It was a soft glow that slowly got brighter and brighter until I saw a girl standing in front of me she was young but incredibly beautiful and elegant.

She was dressed in white with long dark hair much like my own. She stared at me smiling before holding out a hand to help me up. I noticed I could actually move now and sat up again.

“Hello” she said coming to sit in front of me.

“Hi” I replied back watching her.

Now that I had a good look we actually looked like sisters she easily passed as a younger version of myself and it was strange.

“Im Hikaru” she said tilting her head as she looked at me

“The moon goddess, I know” I replied and she smiled at that

“I know you know” she said giggling.

“What’s this?” I said motioning around us.

We were floating amongst the stars. I knew it was just an illusion.

“Its a safe place in the depth of your mind. Yami was giving you a pretty hard time so I thought I’d help out a bit. I like you, you’re just like her” she said happily

“Her?” I asked

“Lorelei” she replied and my heart almost stopped at the mention of my mother’s name

I turned away from the girl in front of me. “Why didn’t either of you save her” I asked

I turned back to find Hikaru with a sad look on her face as she thought.

“When it happened we were already inside of you but you had your ring by then so we were helpless against it. That old woman really knew what she was doing.”

“If I didn’t have it could you have saved them.. even from inside me?”

I knew it was just asking for heartbreak but I had to know. My fears were confirmed when she nodded her head.

“ Yes.... Yami took it the hardest when she died. She doesn’t often like people.”

For the first time in a long time I felt a tear slip from my eyes. So they cared about my mother, it was a comforting thought.

“How do I control this?” I asked changing the subject. Hikaru seemed to snap out of her reminiscent mood and change back to happy and playful.

“ Well I for one don’t mind sharing my power with you Yami will be the one you need to convince. There’s two ways to achieve this, 1) is she accepts you as I have. That’s the easier option”

“And if she doesn’t what’s the other option?” I asked knowing I wasn’t going to like the answer.

“If she doesn’t then you need to overpower her, then break her” she said seriously

“You make her sound like a wild horse” I said sarcastically trying to lighten the mood. She just shrugged.

“it is what it is. But I have to warn you she is stubborn and more powerful than I am. I will help you as much as I can but it still won’t be easy” she continued.

“I don’t really have a choice. I have to protect my friends and family and I’ll do whatever it takes.” I said determination setting in.

“And Laxus” she said giggling
I turned to look at her blinking

“what” I said feeling a bit stupid.

“You want to protect Laxus too because you looooooove him” she teased.

I glared at her thinking how much she sounded like Happy at that moment.

“It's ok he’s handsome and I know you truly love him. Your love is pure and powerful and that’s why I believe in you. I trust you to protect the sacred magic you were given and I will stand by you as your guardian spirit.” She said almost proud.

“Thank you” I said bowing. Although she was a child I had almost forgotten she was the moon goddess.

She walked up to me placing a hand over my heart.

“Ririsu” she said in a commanding voice.

Pain erupted through my body and I collapsed to the floor again. My veins began to glow a pale white similar to the glow of the moon, I felt something building within me and all of a sudden release itself all at once. Everything went black.

When I woke the next day I wasn’t at the training arena although I wished I was. Two angry yet concerned faces were staring at me as I lay in the guild’s infirmary bed.

“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?” Erza yelled looking away from me.

“ I came up with a plan to train alone. I wasn’t risking anyone else’s life because I’m a liability” I said stubbornly.

“Oh and how did that work out for you?” She said sceptically

I held out an arm concentrating on the flow of magic. My veins began to glow the familiar white and an orb of white light sat in the palm of my hand.

“Hikaru” the master said.

I nodded making the light in my hand dance across the room swirling around Erza before disappearing into smoke.

“I had a feeling that would be the case.” He said.

I filled them in on my plan and they agreed it was a good idea as long as someone was with me whenever I tried. I stubbornly agreed on the condition everyone stay out of the barrier unless I was in trouble, which they too reluctantly agreed.

I was feeling more positive about the whole thing  and was  looking forward to our next session.