15) Gone

My eyes flutter open as I'm greeted by light shining through the window, and I realize Elliot is next to me, with his left arm around my waist and my head on his other. "Good morning, baby." he smiles against my neck, locking fingers with me. "Good morning." I smile up at him.

"Hey Ellie," I say, lying on my stomach, and wrapping my arms around a pillow. "Yeah?" he asks, resting his head on my shoulder, and stroking my side. "I was wondering... How many girls have you been with?" I ask shyly, looking down at the intricate pattern on the edge of the pillow case.

"Oh, baby, you know it's a lot, but like I've said before, you're the only one I've ever cared about." he says softly, and lays a hand on either side of the bed next to me, leaving kisses down my back, and making me moan quietly. "Are you sure?" I whisper, looking up at him.

"Of course, stupid." he nibbles my ear lightly, and I giggle, as he wraps his arms around me. We just lay there for a while, when suddenly there's a fast, loud knock on the door. "What?!" I ask, pulling the blankets up over us.

"The twins are gone!" Parsley shrieks, and the door bursts open. "What?!"

"They left a note," she says. "What did it say?" Elliot asks. "It had one word." she says simply. "Revenge."

"They've gone back to limbo..." I whisper. "We're not strong enough yet!" Elliot says. "But we have to go after them." I wave my hand and dress myself in a loose white pirate blouse and blue jeans. I use magic for an emergency bag, and run out the door. "What the fuck?! Are you nuts?!"

I run back to the door, to see Elliot in a t-shirt and jeans, with a bag. "I spent fourteen years of my life looking for my auntie. My dad said it was pointless, and I eventually gave up one day, assuming she was really gone. I never knew her, but I still looked up to her. I heard so many stories, and she was such a powerful female. She gives me faith that I can rule hell the way I am. She ruled a realm all on her own. I wish with all my heart that I could meet her, but I know it won't happen, and those two lunatics are the only thing I have left of her." I run back out of the house, and they both stare after me in shock from my sudden outburst.

Wow that felt good to finally say!

I teleport to the point in the tunnel where we bumped into the twins, since I can't go any further.

Elliot and Parsley appear behind me, and I go running. "Don't!" Parsley calls out. "You've only known them a day," Elliot catches up to me, since I'm small, and grabs my sleeve. "How can you care about them so much?"

"They're the only thing I have left of her..." I whisper, looking up at him. He sighs, looking down to the ground. "Let's go."

"Oh, you're dumb." Parsley puts a hand on her hip. "We need you too, you're the only smart one." I grab her hand, and we all run down the tunnel, reaching the end faster than we would have before, since we were going slow then.

I see a black hole at the end, with broken bars around it. "We might not make it out alive..." Parsley says quietly, looking back and forth between us. "That's a risk we'll have to take." Elliot says.

I glance at both of them one last time, and we crawl through the bars, jumping in, and the world goes black.