17) Cave

I wake up, and I'm in Elliot's arms, up against something really hard. Pain sears through my arm, and it feels like I've got something wrapped around it. I crack an eye open to see I'm laying partially on top of Elliot, and he has his arms around me. He's asleep, but is still subconsciously stroking my back. I look around me, and I see Luci cuddled up to her other half, in the corner of what appears to be a cave. Parsley is resting her head on her bag against the wall, and Max is staring outside, slouched up against the wall half a meter from me.

He's awake, but doesn't look like he's making any effort to get comfortable. I feel sorry for him, lying alone miserably, and I grab his hand, pulling him close to us. "I thought you hated me." he says quietly, and I turn around to face him, but Elliot keeps his arm around my waist.

"I don't hate you, Maxy...you're just...so stubborn..." I giggle, brushing his hair out of his face.

He smiles faintly, but it soon fades, as his eyes trail down to my neck. The whole place is silent, and the only sound is our breathing, if that. "How'd you get that?" he asks softly, running his fingers over a mark on my neck.

I blush insanely, pulling my top up further, and he frowns, turning away. "I told you it would never work." he says quietly, folding his arms. "Max-"

"No. I'm not going to fight anymore." he whispers, running his fingers along the stone ground. "Fine...if that's what you want..." I say quietly, resting my head on Elliot's chest.  He stirs in his sleep, and cracks an eye open. "Hey baby," he smiles. "Are you feeling better?" he asks, looking down to arm, which has a bandage around it. "Yeah. Better." I smile.

"How did we get here?" I ask, looking around. "You passed out after the imposter stabbed you. We found the twins and set up camp here. Turns out Luci packed a bunch of first-aid stuff." he explains, kissing my forehead.

"Oh. That's good." I smile, as he presses his lips to mine briefly, and I hear Max groan quietly in the background. "Owww..." Parsley lifts her head from the bag, rubbing it with her palm. "Headache?" I ask, looking over at her. "Mhm..." she groans, burying her face in the bag.

Luci yawns, snuggling her head further into Ryder's chest, and I'm assuming they're both awake. "You guys are really close, you know?" I say, sitting up and tucking my legs up to my chest. "I know." she says, and they lean up against the wall of the cave.

"We drifted apart a few years ago, when I got a boyfriend, and Ryder didn't like him. He ended up breaking my heart, and I was broken for a long time. Since then, we've promised never to date or marry anyone."  Luci says.

"We'll be together until the end of time. Or...when one of us kills the other." Ryder says, and she laughs, punching him playfully.