2) Marriage

Parsley's P.O.V

"May I take your order?" I ask a customer at the diner. He tells me something really complicated, and I try to keep up, along with everything else on my mind. "Uhh... Okay, sir." I walk off, eyeing everyone else in the restaurant.

*

"Hi mom." I sigh, walking into the palace. "Hey sweetie. How was work?" she asks, turning her head to look at me. "Tiring. How were things here?" I ask, in the middle of a yawn.

"Well..." I'm assuming she mind links dad, who comes down the marble steps a few moments later. "Would you like to tell her?" Mom asks, looking away from me. "Tell me...what?"

"Okay, umm... We've finally picked a husband for you!" he says, with great enthusiasm. "WHAT?!"

I gape in shock. "What's wrong?" Mom asks. "I want to marry whoever I want!" I argue. "Pumpkin, not just anyone can rule the biggest realm. You've been leading up to this your whole life, you knew it would happen someday." he says. "No, I didn't! you never told me that!"

"You're nearly eighty-three, now, take this like a grown-up." My mom says. "No! This is terrible!"

"His name is David, he's the son of an old family friend. He's a nice guy." Dad says. "I don't care!" I cry. "I want to marry someone who I love!"

"You will love him. The wedding is in a few months. They live in the mountains, and he's pretty well off, so you can quit your job at the diner." he says. "But- but I-" tears cloud my vision, and I run out, crying. "Parsley!" Mom calls after me.

"Leave me alone!"

I pop my grey wings out, flying down to hell. I text Griffyn, asking where she is, since I can't mind link because she's half-human. She replies with, "at Elliot's place, why?". I teleport to the door, and walk in, since it's slightly open. "Griff I need you!" I cry, flinging my arms around her neck from behind the couch. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What happened? Why are you crying?" she asks, pulling me onto the couch next to her and Elliot.

"Why are you crying?" I ask, noticing they both have tear stains on their faces. "My mom's dying, and I hate to see Griff like this." Elliot says, and I notice he squeezes her hand slightly. "What about you?" I ask Griff.

"The Max or Elliot thing is hitting me like a wrecking ball." she sighs, burying her face in his chest. "And you?"

"My- my parents... They... Arranged for me to marry someone." I say shakily, and they both gasp. "Oh, honey... Have you met him?" Griffyn asks. "No. Dad says he's the son of an old family friend, and is fit to rule the biggest realm." I say.

"Speaking of realms, dad STILL thinks I'm too weak to rule!" she says with frustration. "So does mine." I sigh.

"Anyway, the wedding is in a few months. I'm apparently moving in with him in the mountains, and I have to quit my job at the diner. They're like my family..." I say quietly.

"Still, isn't it a bit young to get married?" she asks. "Isn't it a bit young to be worrying over who you're gonna marry?" I retort automatically.

"Jeez, sorry, no need to get defensive."

"Sorry, I'm just in a shitty mood." I laugh quietly, resting my head against the back of the couch. "What do we do? About everything?"

"Well..." Elliot stops, like he forgot what he was going to say. "You'll have to find a way out of it, or..." she makes a flaming ball in her hand. "I could take care of it for you."

"God, don't!" I laugh, and she puts it away again. "What are you going to do about the guys? Everyone knows but him, right?" I ask.

"No. I'm pretty sure he knows too," she shrugs. "Sucks doesn't it."

"Just kill me..." she mumbles into Elliot's chest.