Prologue

A year has passed since the events on Arkham Island

A year has passed since the events on Arkham Island. After Batman had stopped the Joker and the asylum was now back under control. The former warden, Quincy Sharp took credit for stopping the Joker's Asylum takeover, and used the notoriety to become mayor of Gotham City.

Deeming that Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Penitentiary were no longer suitable to contain criminals, Sharp has both facilities closed and buys out a large section of Gotham's slums, converting them into an immense open-air prison named Arkham City.

The facility is placed in the care of psychiatrist Hugo Strange and guarded by a squad of heavily-armed mercenaries hired from a rogue private military firm, TYGER Security. The inmates are given free rein as long as they do not attempt to escape.

Since the closing of Arkham Asylum, Doctor Lilith Matthews has been out of a day job, as well as the other psychiatrists and security guards that worked in the asylum.

She had finally made Jonathan's toxin ready for test subjects.

Lilith had also constructed a new weapon to use the Fear toxin, she had installed two syringes, which were latched to both of her wrists to resemble claws for combat. As well as keeping the original device Jonathan had given her back at the asylum.

Along with her costume she had made to resemble his. A dark brown vest, light brown pants that stopped at her knees, all which had patches woven onto the clothes. Plain black combat boots. A dark brown trench coat with a hood. A piece of brown cloth which covered her nose and mouth, with two gas filters attached.

Doctor Lilith Matthews has given the crazy voice inside her head a name.

Panik.

The final part of her plan was to get inside of Arkham City, which she had already acquired a way to get in.

A few months ago Hugo Strange had contacted Lilith and asked if she was willing to join a group of doctors and reside in Arkham City to help the injured the inmates. Lilith knew Strange and that if she were to refuse, the consequences would be extreme.

So she had accepted and was soon given access into Arkham City. She was given a jumpsuit that all doctors wore. Unknown to them she was wearing her costume under it and had secretly hidden all of her toxins, syringe claws and toxin gas device inside the medical bag she was given.

Her plan for revenge was going perfectly.

It was time.