Chapter 9

(If something is in italics and is like ~this~ its a flashback)

I sat in class with my head resting on my shoulder and my pencil in my hand.  It's been two weeks since I have talked to Shawn. Every time I look at him my nose scrunches up, and flashbacks goes through my mind. 

I look out the window at the snow storm. Back in Florida, we never had snow, this was pretty much the first time I ever saw it. 

As the bell rang I picked up my bag and walked out. It was eight hour so the school day was done. The thing was I was walking slow so that maybe, just maybe, Shawn would catch up to me. 

I grab my coat from my locker and walk outside. 

"Shit," I whisper as the cold wind hits me. The busses had left, so I had to walk home. 

I put in my earbuds and walk trying to ignore the numbness in my face and hands. Just then I hear a beep, I swing around and see Shawn's jeep.

"Get in." He says rolling down the window. I look at him for a split second, a flash of Eugenes smirk flashes through my head. I open the door and get in. "Jeez are you crazy?? It's to cold to be walking around like that you'll get frostbit." He sighs.

"Sorry," I mumble looking out the window. He turns the heat up, along with the radio. I open my mouth to say something but he reaches over to turn the volume up again. 

I lay my head down on the window and try to sleep but his voice interrupts me.

"Is this the first time you see snow? You know since it doesn't in Florida?" He asks.

"Um yeah..... it's really cold." I say. He chuckles.

"That pretty much explains Canada." He says. I smile at his laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He parks his car in his garage then turns to me. I go to reach for the door handle but he reaches over for it.

"No please..... We really need to talk." He says. I nod and put my hand down. "What ever happened two weeks ago...... That didn't mean anything to you did you??" 

"Honestly no.... it was just a bad dream to me." I say not looking at him.

"Rose..... what's the matter?" He says grabbing my cheek. He makes me look at him but I close my eyes. "Please look at me,"  I open my eyes and stare at his. 

My heart started beating fast and my hands were sweating. I was gasping for air as the worst flashback came. 

~There was blood pouring down my face~

Shawn leaned in closer

~He kept hitting me~

Shawn was almost close to me

~I kicked him back and tried to get up as I said......

"Leave me alone." I screamed as tears poured out my eyes and I slammed the door open. I fell out and landing in the snow with my hands. 

The fresh air hit me and I suddenly felt sick. I kept it in, but layed down in the snow. 

~He grabbed my legs and pulled me closer to him~

"Rose are you ok?" Shawn asked.

The flashbacks were still flashing through my head.

~"Aysha you better shut up unless you want to end up in the hospital again." Eugene told me. I winced as he reached for my face. We were in an alley, he had found me walking home. He was hitting me none stop. "Shhh," He gabbed me by my hair and pulled me back towards him bringing back his arm. I put them up as a defense method, that was the last thing I remembered~