Chapter 20

(If something is in Italics she's thinking) 

~~3 Days later~~

"Mom my wrist hurts." I said walking down the stairs. 

"I'm sorry honey, take another pain killer." I sighed.

"No mom I don't wanna go to school." I whined.

It was supposed to be my first day back, since the incident. The school expelled both Olivia, and Eugene. Both also faced charges, but since Eugene was not a citizen him and his family were deported back to America. 

"Honey they aren't going to be there. Just go i'll even drive you." I sighed and grabbed my school bag. 

"Bye mom," I muttered slamming the door. 

~"I never wanna see you again!" I screamed at my dad as I slammed the door in his face~

I winced at the painful memory of me and my dad fighting. I had been part of why my parents divorced. After Eugene had done that nasty thing to me, I wanted nothing but to be alone. 

Unfortunately my dad wanted me to get out of my depression. My mom and my dad would always fight about me and over me.

I make my way to school on foot not wanting to ride the bus with all those kids.

They'll probably treat me like a special ed kid anyway.

I keep on walking with my earbuds in my ears. Then a bus passes me, I don't make eye contact.

The wind hits my face, knocking the wind out of me. 

Shit

I keep walking until I can no longer walk with the wind. I turn around to go back home, the wind blows again and knocks me down. I get up and keep walking. 

"Mom I'm home." I say as I enter the house. "I need a ride to school." 

"Oh honey I just got a call, school was canceled due to the wind. They were scared that it could knock over cars." She said putting on her jacket. "Okay i'll see you later." She kissed my cheek and left.

A whole day for myself

"Hey I was watching that." Someone tackles me for the control, but I flip over and hide it in my shirt.

"What the fuck go away." I said.

"Rose just give me the damn control." TJ says. 

"Hmm.... Fine." I give up and give it to her.

She puts on some weird show about vampires so I leave for the kitchen. Not a few seconds later after I sit that the bell rings. 

"You gonna get that?" TJ asked from the living room.

"What other choice do I have?" I said sarcastically and walked to the door. I swung it open obviously annoyed only to see Mrs. Mendes there with Aaliyah. "Oh hi." I said.

"Hi Rose I was wondering if you could watch Aaliyah for a few hours. I got to go out of town for work some people are interested in a house out by Ottawa." She said. 

"Oh yeah of course... but where's Shawn?" I said knowing damn well that he could watch his sister. Ugh how selfish of him making his mom ask people to-

"Oh no honey he's at the studio recording new music. I think you'll like it, it makes me so proud how far he's come." I nodded.

"Yeah I can watch Aaliyah." I said replacing my frown with a smile as to not look like a bitch.