Chapter 27

(Monday) 
(Something in italics and these ~~ is a flashback)

"Come on Rose were going to be late." Shawn said dragging me away to the elevator.

"I wonder if i'll meet anyone famous?" I asked.

"If your lucky probably Drake." I gasped. "Just kidding." I playfully hit his shoulder.

"You ass hole." He smirked. 

"Come on I wanna show you the studio." We stepped in the elevator and Shawn pressed the 8th floor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's not that big in here." I said stepping into studio. 

"Who is this?" A man behind me said.

"Oh hi." I waved at him and smiled.

"Hi..... Who are you." I gasped.

"Shawn hasn't mentioned me before? I'm hurt." I grinned at Shawn "Just kidding. I'm Rose." I reached my hand out for him to shake, he did.

"I'm Geoff nice to meet you." I smiled again, but it got awkward as we shook hands for to long. I took mine back and we just stood there while Shawn fixed something. "Sit down there's plenty of seats." He pointed to one by the door.

"Thanks," I grabbed it and sat.

"So Rose just stay there i'm going to record a song, just stay back and listen then i'll show you how to make the background music." I winked at him, while he just smirked. 

I didn't hear what he was singing, Geoff had the head phones. So I just sat back and recorded him, with my phone, through the other side of the glass. 

"Wow that is a wrap." Geoff said taking off the headphones. "Rose why don't you come here." I did and sat down next to him in a chair. "Here." 

I placed the headphones on and waited for him to play something. 

'It's not that i'm afraid i'm not enough for her...... It's not that I can't find the words to say.' I smiled realizing he had sung the song that he sang to me at the hospital.

'But when she's with him she seems happier and I don't wanna take that away. How many times can I see your face, how many times will you walk away? I just have to let you know.' 

I took them off and placed them down. 

"So when do we put the background music? Because even though that's amazing it sounds a little iffy." Shawn gasped.

"Are you calling me a bad singer?" He pretended to be hurt.

"Yes I am." I smirked at him. "Just kidding never." 

"Alright then Princess wants music, princess gets music." Then Geoff got up.

"Alright since you know what your doing, i'll be in the room next door having a break. Call if you need anything." Shawn nodded, and Geoff left.

"Okei Doki, lets get started." He unplugged a few things and did some other weird shit. 

"So?" I asked.

"Alright these buttons here make different things. Well sounds. Um you just push one and if you like it tell me and we will put it in there." He said. I nodded and pushed a random button. 

It made a cartoon kind of sound.

"The fuck? You should totally use that!" I said making him laugh.

"No that's more for like rap. Alright these are just going to be the background sounds and shit. I'm making the actual music later." I nodded.

"Okay I think you should like have a beat drop and then right after start singing. It's not that i'm afraid i'm not enough for her." I sang it the he had. "What instrument are you planning on using?"

"Um acoustic guitar?" He said it as a question.

"Nah you should use the piano." I sighed and kept thinking about what other things we could use, when he starts laughing. "What?" I said.

"It's like you were  made for his! Your so good at figuring out what to put and shit it's crazy." I smiled trying not to laugh. 

"Well when do we finish?" I asked.

"Whenever you want." I sighed.

"Well I can't really do anything until I get the piano part so...." I grabbed my bag. "Let's go?" 

"Yeah come on, i'll tell Geoff were coming back hmm.... How's friday?" He asked.

"Yeah sounds good." I smiled glad to know that Shawn want's to be around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~I sighed as the wind from the beach hit me. I was sitting down at a little cliff by the ocean trying to cool off. Me and Eugene had gotten in a fight, he never wanted to be around me anymore and I was getting sick and tired of it. I gasped as I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry." I turned around and Eugene was there. "What do you want?" I asked wiping a tear away. "I said I was sorry okay? Please listen. I just felt like you weren't there for me anymore. So I slowly fell apart." We hugged for a second. "I'll always be there for you," I said kissing him. "I love you."~

"It was a lie." I gasped trying to get up for air. Yet something was blocking my way.

I tried my hardest to get up and get air. But still something blocked me, I got anxiety and started hyperventilating. 

"Rose what's wrong?" Shawn's sleepy voice snapped my senses awake, and suddenly I was in his arms safe and sound.  

"Shit." I covered my face with my hands and gasped. Trying to get back to normal. "Sorry..... Flashback." I said. 

"It's okay hun.... Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked wiping a few drops of sweat away with the blanket.

"No.... no it's fine Shawn." 'I'll be fine' 

He sat up a little frustrated. I furrowed my eyebrows when he just sat there. 

"I just want you to know that i'm not just your boyfriend.... I'm your best friend and you can tell me anything. You don't have to be afraid anymore Rose I will always, always, be there." He kissed my forehead and laid back down closing is eyes, with his arm on his head. 

"Remember Eugene?" I asked.

"Yeah what about him?" He opened an eye.

"He was my ex back in Florida." I gulped. "Um one night we were together all alone, my brother was working so was my mom, and my sister was at a sleep over. So I invited him over." A few tears came rolling out. "Shawn.... He raped me. And acted as if I had wanted to do it with him to. He said he loved me but he didn't and it hurts to know that I won't be able to be clean for the one that I love." I felt drops of water on my hand, realizing they were tears. Then realizing they weren't mine. 

"Hun I will never hurt you.... I will never touch you if you don't wanna be touched. And I will never ever think of you in the wrong way just because you had your virginity stolen. In my mind, you are still clean alright." I wiped his tear away and caressed his cheek.

"I don't deserve you." I said touching our foreheads. 

"But I deserve you." He kissed me a bit then let go. "I love you." He said.

And for once in my life since the incident..... I believed those three empty words.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See what I did there?