Chapter 16

"I'll call you ok?" I hugged Lilly goodbye once more at the airport. 

My mom had called me and told me that there was going to be a delay at the airport and they were canceling every flight for Christmas Eve night. So we were heading home Christmas Eve Eve midnight 

I sighed as I boarded the plane and took one last look at Lilly. She waved and I gave her a sad smile. 

I plugged my earbuds in as I rested against the airplane window, and waited for the three hour trip to be over. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey mom," I say as I go to hug her.

"Hey honey how was the trip?" I shrugged.

"Eh it would've been better if it was longer." I said.

"I know honey but I wanted you here for New Years, and they delay was a week. You were going to miss school to and I didn't want that." I sighed.

"Fuck I forgot to leave my jacket out." I said as we walked outside. 

"What have I told you about swearing?" 

"My bad." I say with a smile.

"No, no 'my bad' I don't think you understand that there's some rules in life that you need to follow." She said getting in the car. 

"I'm sorry ok?" I said also getting in the car. 

"Whatever." 

The ride home was filled with my mom and TJ talking. 

I sat in the back thinking about Lilly and how heartbreaking it was to leave my best friend behind again. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Then I heard someone talking.

~"Come on Rose hurry up the lines gonna get long."~  

I opened them.

"Did you guys say something?" I asked.

"Yeah but not to you." TJ snorted. 

"Hey be nice. No honey we didn't did you hear something?" She looked at me through the mirror.

"N- no I guess not." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk up to my room and throw my bag in there, I land on my bed after jumping onto it. 

Someone knocks on my door. 

"Come in." I said.

"Honey?" My mom comes in. "I'm just- i'm really sorry about the whole Christmas thing. And um I lied about that..." My eyes widened.

"What???" I practically screamed at her.

"No no i'm sorry that came out wrong, umm you'll find out tomorrow for now go to sleep." She kissed my forehead and left, leaving me in confusion. 

I laid back and looked at the ceiling, sleep eventually finding me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun hit my eyes making me open them. I jump back as I see whose in front of me.

"Olivia!" I say sitting  up. 

"Hey sorry for the intrusion." She laughs nervously. "I have to ask you something that's been bothering me." She takes a minute pacing my room.

"Well?" I asked. 

"Why does Eugene hate you? And why do you hate him?" I shivered. 

"Why are you here?" I asked again.