Chapter 17

The smell of alcohol and the screaming of fans fills my whole body and gives me energy. I stand at the backstage line waiting to be let in. 

"I can't wait to see Shawn." I said jumping up and down. 

"Me neither... I hope no one recognizes me." Aaliyah said next to me putting her head down. 

"Nah everyone's to excited." I say.

"True." We stand for a second before the line starts moving again. 

"Passes." The security at the front says. We show him them and he scans. "Give me your left hand please." I give it to him and he puts a wrist band and a stamp. "The stamp allows you to leave and come back with out having to go through this line. Enjoy." He said with a smile. 

"Thank you." I walk past him and run up with Aaliyah. 

"Let's find my dad." I nod and agree. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We are so fucking lost." I said sitting onto the floor. 

"I told you to get a map." She said.

"Right right." 

"Hey what are you two doing back here." A man came up to us. 

"Oh thank god. Were lost can you tell us how to get back?" I said.

"Aaliyah?" 

"Dad!" Aaliyah jumped on him and they hugged. 

"What are you two doing here?" He asked.

"It was a surprise." I said. 

"Oh whose idea was it?" He said with a smile.

"My mom's." I said laughing. "Well both of our's." 

"Ahh well come here Shawn's changing right now but i'm sure he'll be happy to see you." We walked down a hall that was surprisingly full of people. 

Everywhere we had gone had been empty.

"Shawn can we come in?" Manny said knocking on the door.

"Yeah." The butterflies in my stomach fluttered at his voice. 

"Wait out here for a second." We nodded, and he left the door a little open.

"Whose we?" I heard Shawn asked.

"That is an excellent question. Hey guys come in." Aaliyah came in first hugging Shawn. 

"Oh my gosh dude what are you doing here???" Then he saw me. "Oh hey Rose." 

"Hey." I don't know if it was just me but he sounded different.

"Shawn come on let's prac- Woah who are they?" A girl,  a pretty girl, like really pretty walked in.

"Camilia you finally made it." A big smile appeared on his face. Then I didn't feel as excited. "This is Aaliyah my little sister, and my neighbor Rose." He said. 

'Neighbor'

"Hi how are you?" She said extending a hand. 

"Hey." I shook it. 

'Neighbor'

"Shawn come on I don't want me to stammer up there." Camila said.

"Okay let me get my guitar." He walked out leaving me, Aaliyah, Manny, and Camila.

"So how long have you lived in Canada?" She asked me sitting on a couch.

"Since the beginning of the school year so September, around that time," I said.