Part 6

What? Annyeonghasaeyo? Why is someone texting me in Korean?

'um... annyeonghasaeyo? Whos this?' I reply in korean. I actually learned Korean and Japanese at home after school everyday since I was 5. One because I loved it and 2 dads side of the family is Korean and mums is Japanese so he told me I should at least learn the language of my blood eve if I was born in Australia. So Im fluent in both.
'Come on man don't be so cold, are you telling me you don't have my number saved in your phone even after all these years??? Its Taehyung dude. Kim Taehyung. You know the brother you ditched for a woman in another freakinn country!!??'

I stare at the message. Dumbfounded. Clearly he has the wrong number.

'Uh sorry I think you have the wrong number, im not your brother' I reply.

'aw...sorry um he said this was his number? Hope you don't mind me asking but uh do you happen to know anyone by the name kim Hyun bin?'

hmm what was that mans name, the one thatv tought math at my old school? Was it mr Kim? What was it.

'is he a teacher?' I reply.

'YES!! YES he is. DO YOU KNOW HIM?'

Ah yeah he was my maths techer a couple years back, im sorry I don't have his number and I don't live there anymore. I coud give you the schools number but?

YES! Yes please, thankyou sooo much.

'Okay could you wait a while I have to go now but ill text you the number this afternoon? Should I text back on this number?

'OOOkkkayyy, yep its this number.'

I go to put my phone down and leave for school when another message comes in.

'Hey wait before you go.. Whats your name? Just so I have a name to match the number?'

'Eun ha, Lee Eun ha' I reply.

I do put my phone down this time turning it on silent and stuffing it in my pocket.

I run down the hallways passing the scurring kids, throught he cafeteria, the next hallway, passin the scariest door on the planet and run outside, knowing ll miss my bus.

Yep its already there.

I sprint down the sidewalk nearly running into numerous people before I jusmp up on the bus.

As soon as im on the bus start to drive away. I swipe my opal card and sit down at the back where there is a spare seat.

I pull my sleeves over my hands and look out the window. When we arrive at school I walk intomy first class which happened to be English, pulling my books out I look over at the boys on the other side of the room. Theres about 5 of them and there all pushing this one guy towards me. I look down to pull out a pen when a piece of paper flitters onto my desk. I look at it.

Th boy they were pushing is standing in front of me.

I look at him then back at the note. I open it.

Dear mute

I like you, go out with me?

Bradey

Wow simple. I twist my pen around my hand before I look at him then at the note. Under is name I write matching his simplicity. 'No' I fold it twise then hand it back to him.

When he walks back to his friends, they all laugh at him and turn to me, ahahhahah I told you she wouldn't speak, $5 please on eof them says holding his hand out.

the teacher enters.

And the lesson begins.