Important Message

As I'm sure you've all noticed, this story's been getting slower and slower updates as of late. I'm not trying to make excuses for that, or explain how busy I've been lately. But I will explain why the updates have been getting slower.

It's because the story has written itself. I tried denying it, but I think I knew when I started this that the story wouldn't go beyond Voldemort's downfall. My purpose in writing this story was to tell a new Potter story, to write a story where the heroes could right wrongs and fix their past. Not in a way so as to undermine the original stories, but so that maybe Harry could get his happy ending just a little bit sooner. But now that the thing that threatened that is gone... The story is nearing its end. I've been denying it for months, insisting that I could keep going, to write about what Harry's life is like beyond Voldemort. Beyond everyone using their second chance to the fullest.

But that's not what this book was about. It never was, and I can't make it something it's not. Not only is that a disservice to the story, but it's a disservice to you as a reader. I know from being on your side that seeing a story come to its end is never fun because that means you're done and you have to find a new story and leave this one behind. And I didn't understand why authors didn't just keep writing for their stories until now.

Because at some point, you have to let a story go. Once a story has been told, you have to move on. Because you can't stretch the happily ever after on for eternity. Sure, you can come back and tell a new story, but all stories end.

And this story has reached its end. Now, I'm going to be posting one last chapter/epilogue after this note, so it still has one last leg to go.

But it felt wrong to end the story without giving everyone who has read, voted, commented, and supported this story throughout the three years I've been writing it. Wow, three years of never ending support and love from all of you. I never imagined when I started this story that it would turn into over fifty chapters, ten thousand votes, two hundred thousand views, and hundred upon hundreds of comments. But you guys made that happen. Every single one of you. Sure, I wrote the story, but without you, this would probably be a three chapter story that I gave up on three years ago. Every vote and comment helped this story become what it is today and I can't thank you enough for everything. You've been there for everything, even the things I didn't share with you. Even when I lost my muse for a while and stopped writing, you guys were there as soon as I came back. You've shown me absolutely nothing but support and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for that.

So, thank you. For three years of magic, mayhem, and just a little bit of suspense.

I'll see you for the final chapter. -PH