Trying To Figure It Out

I feel bad about updating this again before I work on my others, but I'm still inspired, so this is what you get. I might update M&CR, we'll see. BTW, I may take some artistic liberties on somethings, mostly small things. Anyway, here are the lyrics for the next chapters dedication!

"Well I know that you're in love with him, I saw you dancing in the gym"

Answer: American Pie

-

Harry quickly collected himself and tiptoed over to the downstairs bathroom. He looked in the mirror and saw his ten-year-old self staring back at him, it was one of the strangest feelings he had ever experienced, more strange than when he time traveled and saw himself, even stranger than when he had finally killed Voldemort and no longer felt the pressure of the wizarding world on his shoulders. Then he had a terrible thought, Was it all a dream? This thought lasted a brief minute, because there was no way he could have dreamed twenty-eight years of life in one night. Especially the life he had. He began to think of what had happened, why he was at the Dursley's and ten years-old again, perhaps he had time-traveled? No, he dismissed the thought. He would still look like a thirty-nine year old.

He walked into the kitchen and saw the calendar, it was June 23, which was pretty bizarre, but what was really strange was that the calendar said it was 1991, the year he got his Hogwarts letter. It was also the year of the "Zoo Mishap", as Dudley now called it, he realized. The next thing he realized, If it's 1991, that means... Oh no. I never killed Voldemort. He's still alive. At least in wraith form, anyway. If anyone had walked in on Harry in that moment, they probably would have thought he was insane. His eyes had widened, he was pacing and his old habit of flattening his hair when he was nervous returned.

He turned around and saw a huge mound of presents already in the sitting room, then he saw his Aunt Petunia walk through the door, and he thought back to what had happened the last time he seen her, it was right after he had defeated Voldemort, and he was letting the Dursley's know they could come out of hiding. The first thing his Aunt had done was hug him, which was strange by itself, but she had also said she was glad she didn't lose him too.

After that, they mostly communicated through cards, as Uncle Vernon still didn't approve of him. But Harry kept her updated, including the name of his daughter and his son with Lily's eyes, both of which resulted in tear-stained letters in response. He stared for a moment, until Aunt Petunia snapped at him to go get dressed then start cooking breakfast. Harry was startled by her harsh tone, but then remembered that he wasn't exactly on good terms with her at eleven, or even seventeen.

He went to get dressed and cook quickly, he wanted to prevent seven long years of tension and anger. It helped that he had another twenty-eight years of cooking under his belt. After Dudley and Uncle Vernon came down and ate, and Dudley opened his presents, Harry sat and listened as Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon again argued about where to send him over the mail. The conversation ended up with him going with them, again. Well, this will be interesting.

-

Hermione was pacing her room, thinking of anything she had done recently that could cause this, when a large, tawny owl swooped into her window. She recognized this owl at once, it was a Hogwarts owl, and it seemed to be holding her Hogwarts letter, along with the note explaining that a Hogwarts representative would be stopping by later in the day to explain everything. Well, I should make this convincing. At this thought, she promptly ran down to her parents, exclaiming about how she was a witch and she got invited to an exclusive school. It was strange, she felt like someone should be telling her to act her age and not like an eleven year-old, but to everyone else, she was eleven.