Prologue

"I can help you, Beth. But you have to let me in. You have to trust me." He explained looking my sleep deprived face. "I can not only help you control your abilities, I can help you understand them."  

The face of Charles was so clear in my mind, as if the conversation was only a few days ago, though it had been 20 something years. I closed my eyes, trying to drown out the voices. Drown out his face...

I missed him. I missed Scott... Jean. I missed them all. I wish things weren't the way they were. That after I woke I didn't have to leave them behind and put a lie into their heads. 

It was to protect them. I said to myself in my mind. Who knows what could have happened if you stayed. Your powers are too dangerous.

But yet, somehow I felt this wasn't what I was meant to do. Where I was meant to go. 

I was hopelessly in love with a man who thinks I'm dead and buried 6ft underground. 

He probably found someone else...Why wouldn't he? He can't be alone for the rest of his life just because you're out of the picture...

But I knew that was a lie. 

I could feel his pain. His sadness and heartbreak. 

We were still connected, even if he couldn't feel me inside his mind, I was there. 

I barely noticed the tears falling down my face when one dripped onto my hand. 

I had to do something... 

I looked around the room I was sat in, my heart sinking when I remembered the first time I stepped foot in here all those years ago. 

The old flat I shared with Raven and Charles when he found me... 

I shut my eyes, my head beginning to hurt, mirroring the pain in my chest. 

I was a ghost to him, why am I getting so worked up over all of this? 

Because I still love him... Because I still want to be by his side. I want to hold him and kiss him and explain everything. 

So that's what I'll do...

A/N: I have a really bad feeling that this story is going to flop... But I missed writing Beth and Charles so much! I'm so afraid that this will suck though...