nineteen; streak {sensitive material}

As seen in the chapter title, please be aware that what you are about to read contains very sensitive material and in no way am I promoting anything that happens in this chapter. Feel free to skip part of this if you feel uncomfortable and read the section after the three little stars :)

I had been woken up from a nightmare. I couldn't remember what it was, but I was woken up by how disturbing the dream had been.

Tim was still curled up in a ball next to my shoulder, so I grabbed him trying to not wake him up so I could put him in my arms. I decided I could take another nap since it was only 7:10 am, and it was a cooler night than usual. I covered myself and Tim and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't shake off a bad feeling I had, maybe it was just the nightmare that was keeping me up. I drank some of the water I had in my cup in my nightstand, and i was able to go back to bed again.

-

I woke up for the second time, this time at around 8 in the morning. It was a good time to start getting ready, so I left the bed while Tim kept sleeping in. As an instinct, I went to the kitchen to put the keurig to make coffee so that it would be ready while I would get ready. Taking the pod in my hand and opening the brewer, I heard a click, assuming it was the Keurig.

"Sophie." I heard Jack's voice say, but in a demanding tone.

I turned around and almost fainted. The black item that Jack was fidgeting with last night was a gun. And he was pointing it straight at my forehead.

"Jack, what? Jack please don't do this!"  My pleasing voice got weaker as the words rolled off my mouth.

"Like I said last night, you made me lose my streak," he said smirking and chuckling to himself. "I was having a great life. I was a missionary, had a hot girlfriend, a college degree, my dream job, a very nice apartment... And then you left me not because of Elena but because you wanted to be with that fool Tom Brady. Don't think I don't know about you and your recent problems with him. I lost it all, Sophie. Everything. I lost my job because I was missing too many days drowning in my self pity. Because I didn't have a job, I lost my house which ruined my credit score and so I stole a car. The one I'm living in. Like I said yesterday while we were playing cards, you made me lose my streak." He said, the gun getting harder against my forehead.

"Jack look I'm sorry I did that, I still love you, I always will because that's why I still open my home for you and if you let go of your gun right now I will forgive you no matter what!" I pleaded.

"Ha! Forgive me? You think I need your forgiveness? Please, Sophie. After ruining my life, opening your apartment for me to live in is the least you can do now."

"Well then, what do you get out of this Jack? If you kill me, you'll get locked up forever and won't be able to restart your life. You can still do that and I'll help you but please, Jack, drop your gun!"

"Oh, I wouldn't have the guts to kill you, no never. I will make you suffer. I will torture you until you realize that you have ruined my life entirely!" He shouted angrily.

I had no other option but to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness myself.

So that's what I did. I cried, got on my knees and cried louder. I had no idea what I would get from this situation but I just had to do it for the sake of my life.