19♢.Lost Puppies & Snake Bites

Ugh. Where is he? Why is he so late. I swear, if he doesn't turn up and mom finds out our little scandal and kills me, I'll kill him.

The music was blaring and everyone was dancing. They included tons of my friends from school, close friends out of town or state and my bestfriends.

Basically there were like fifty. Mom and I organize this once in every six monthes and like usual, it's awsesome.

"Woah! Tori, You look gorgeous." Amanda, my friend from Manhattan smiles.

I smile back, say thanks and tell her I need to go look for someone.

"Astoria!" I hear a female voice call out my name from behind. I immediately turn around to see Claire, a girl I met when I was visiting disney world in Florida.

"Girl! Theres a dude named Puppy Zac Harris looking for you at the door!" She says and goes away laughing.

I guess the lost puppy decided to find his home now, huh?

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

Zac's P.O.V

"Hey, do you know where Astoria is? Could you call her for me?" I asked a girl who was leaning against a wall, holding a red cup.

"Sure. Who should I say is calling?" She asks.

"Umm. Puppy." I reply. Well, if her mom thinks my name is Puppy, her friends might as well too.

"What?" The girl laughs, probably thinking I was joking.

"Yep. Puppy Zac Harris. Thats me." I point at myself in a 'don't judge' voice.

The girl leaves to get Astoria while still giggling to herself.

I shake my head, internally cringing at my stupid fake name. Now I just have to wait for the snake bite.

"Puppy!" I hear my fake name called out by a feminine voice a few minutes later.

I knew it was Snake so I followed the voice to find her.

"You're late Puppy." She says in an annoyed voice when we find each other. I have to say, that red dress really brings out her inner snakeness and venom.

"A hello would have been better, since I obviously can see that I'm late." I say in a know-it-all voice while gesturing to all the people in her house.

"Well hello Puppy! I didn't see you there!" She greets sarcastically.

"Hello to you too Snake." I reply back rolling my eyes.

She twitches her eye in to a dramatic evil eye.

I put my arm around her shoulder and lead her into the living room. "We're friends right? This is what friends do." I answer the questioning look on her eyes.

She suspicously raised her eyebrows but I ignore her and take a look at her living room. It had a lot of ancient and valuable looking vases and pots.

"Cute place you got here." I say pointing to all the vases and pots and decorative items.

"Yeah, my mom decorated it. The whole house is loaded with 'exquiste', ancient and girly stuff." She rolls her eyes as if she doesn't like all the 'cuteness'.

A boy comes up to Astoria and gives her a one armed hug. "Ria! It's been forever since I saw you and everyone. I love coming to these gathering, thanks for inviting me again this month." He thanks and joins the party again.

Astoria claps to get every ones attention. "Okay guys! Time for Truth or Dare and a little dip in the pool after!" Her shout soon drowns by a lot of cheering voices.

"C'mon!" She grabs my arm and drags me to sit with her on a sofa.

"Guys! Meet Zac Harris. He's my friend who used to live in... New York but just moved back to LA." She introduces me to everyone.

"But he told me his name was Puppy!" We all hear a shout. It came from that girl who went to get Astoria for me.

"Uh. Yeah. Astoria and I have names for each other. She calls me Puppy and I call her Snake. It's a long story which is hard to explain." I cover up just before Astoria was about to say something probably stupid.

"Oh wow!"

"Total goals."

"We should do that!"

"How cute."

The whole room was filled with positive comments about our 'hashtag couple goals' name. If only they knew the actual weird story behind it. I think, internally cringing again.

This time, it's for my little Doggy buddy to see what happens when you make a rattlesnake angry.