21

"Hey Seph," I shoved my fists into my pocket, and looked to the ground. 

"Haven't seen you in a while," Persephone didn't look up from her textbook, "busy with your girlfriend?" 

"Sort of," I knocked my foot against one of the lockers gently, "can I sit?" I asked.

"Whatever," Persephone sighed, writing down an answer in one of her notebooks. 

I pressed my back against the wall and slid down to the ground. 

We didn't say anything for what felt like forever, she was busy scratching down a math question and I didn't know what to say to her. 

"She's pregnant," I blurted, and instantly regretted it. 

Persephone's pen stopped, and she looked up slowly. Her head turned towards me and I caught her eye. 

Her mouth was open slightly and her eyes were wide, "yours?" She asked, pointing at me with her pen. 

"Yep," I nodded, biting the inside of my cheek. 

"Oh my god," she leaned back, staring at the wall of lockers across the hall, "does Ariel know?" 

"Yeah, she wasn't very happy," I breathed out a laugh, "but she's letting Alexis stay until the baby is born."

"She gonna kick her out after?" Persephone asked, putting her books to the side. 

I shrugged, "doesn't seem like an Ariel thing to do." 

"You're going to be a father," Persephone stated, and then laughed, "We're 14 years old, and you're gonna be a dad." 

Her laughter was contagious, and 2 seconds later I burst into laughter. 

A group of kids walked past us and gave us weird looks but continued to walk. 

"Friends?" I asked, leaning my head against her shoulder and holding out my pinky.

"Friends." Persephone agreed, locking her pinky with mine. 

*****************

"I can't Alex," I shrugged off her hand, reopening my textbook, "I have a huge test tomorrow." 

"But babe," She whined, rubbing her hands over my shoulders, "I'm horny." She giggled in my ear. 

"I need to study," I told her and pushed away her hands again. 

"You never want to have sex with me," She pushed herself off the bed and stood by the window. "Is it cause I'm fat?" She turned towards me with her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Alex," I sighed, standing up and walking towards her. 

"It is cause I'm fat," She cried and ran out of my room. 

"Oh my god," I groaned, looking up at the ceiling, "I'm too young for this." I sat back down on my bed, rubbing my face. 

"What did you say to Alexis?" Ariel asked, walking into my room, "She's sitting on the couch and eating ice cream out of the carton." 

"She wanted to have sex," I sighed, "but I need to study for my science test tomorrow." 

"So why is she crying?" She sat down on my bed, sitting cross legged. 

"Apparently me wanting to study for a science test, means she's fat." 

"Ah," Ariel chuckled, "pregnant girl logic." 

"It's annoying." I grumbled, flipping the page in my biology textbook. 

"I'll go deal with this one," Ariel stated, standing up, "only because you're studying." 

"Thank you," I smiled up at her. 

"Do your homework." She leaned down and kissed my forehead, "it's gonna be a lot harder when there's a screaming baby in the house."