23

"Hey Dean," Persephone slid down the wall, and sat down beside Dean. 

"Hey Seph," Dean mumbled, scribbling down his answer for one of the textbook questions his science teacher assigned. 

"This is Frankie." 

Dean looked up to see the cutest boy in the entire school, "hi." 

"Hi," Frankie mumbled with a smirk on his lips. 

Persephone didn't notice the looks that the boys were giving each other, or the fact that were straight up checking each other out. 

Frankie wasn't tall, but he wasn't short either. His light brown hair, big green eyes, and rosy cheeks make him look very innocent. But the smirk that pulled at his lips when he looked at Dean said otherwise about the innocence. 

"I haven't seen you around," Dean commented.

"I moved here last week," Frankie answered, "Today is my first day." 

"Welcome to OHS," Dean spread his arms, and rolled his eyes, "go blues." 

"Fuck the blues," Persephone scoffed.

Dean nodded in agreement, "the blues suck." 

"I'm sure it's not that bad," Frankie chuckled.

"Let's see what you have to say in a week," Dean looked over at Frankie and smirked. 

***********

"I hate this school," Frankie sat down beside Dean, and swung his feet under the cafeteria table. 

"You owe me $10," Dean looked to Persephone, and smirked. 

Persephone grumbled, and pulled her wallet out of her purse. She pulled out a bill and a couple coins, and pressed them into Dean's outstretched hand. 

"You bet on me?" Frankie asked, amused at the situation. 

"She thought you'd be positive," Dean rolled his eyes, "I knew the school would break you," he stood up, "I'll be back." 

When Dean walked away from the table, Frankie slid down the bench so he was now in front of Persephone. 

"Yes?" She asked, and looked up with raised eyebrows. 

"Is he single?" 

Persephone lifted her head all the way to look at Frankie with disbelief, "Dean?" 

"Yes." 

Persephone struggled to find an answer, "that's a complicated answer." 

Frankie tilted his head, "it's a yes or no answer." 

"Not exactly," Persephone sighed, "it's not really my place." 

"Please," Frankie pleaded, "I need to know." 

"There's this girl, and she's pregnant with his baby," she blurted. 

Frankie's jaw dropped, "he's only like 14 right." 

"Yep," Persephone nodded, and went back to her work, "I think they're just fuck buddies though." 

"Fuck buddies at 14," Frankie shook his head, "that's insane." 

"You think Dean's cute?" Persephone stopped working again, and looked up at Frankie with a sly smile. 

"Obviously." 

"Well I don't know if he's into guys," Persephone started, and looked down again, "but you two would be a better couple than Dean and Alexis." 

"Really," Frankie was happy at the statement, but he had no time because Dean was back.

He slid back onto the bench with a bottle of vitamin water, and looked between Frankie and Persephone with a confused look. 

"What did I miss?" He asked slowly. 

"Nothing," Frankie said quickly, and put his head down on the table.