24

"Ariel this is Frankie, Frankie this is Ariel," Dean jumped on the counter, and dipped his finger into the cake batter.

"It's nice to meet you Frankie," Ariel smiled at the new boy, "I'm Dean's sister." 

"Nice to meet you too Ariel," Frankie said back. 

"Did you make cookies!" Persephone yelled as she walked through the front door of Dean's house. 

"Does it smell like I made cookies?" Ariel screamed back to Persephone. 

"You said you'd make cookies," Persephone pouted as she walked into the kitchen. 

"I never said anything about making cookies," Ariel shook her head, and continued to stir the batter, "I'm making cupcakes." 

"I'm good with cupcakes," Persephone shrugged, and opened the fridge to grab the carton of lemonade. 

"So Frankie," Ariel turned her attention back to the new kid. 

He was leaning on the counter beside Dean, and looked up at the mention of his name. 

"What brings you to Oromocto?" 

"Military family," Frankie answered. 

"You hate it yet?" Ariel looked up and smirked. 

"It sucks so bad," Frankie chuckled, "why did you want to live here?" 

"We're from here," Ariel explained, "we moved away when Dean was just a baby." 

Ariel continued to ask questions as she made the cupcakes, and Frankie was happy to answer questions that she had asked. 

"Dean!" 

Dean groaned at the voice that screamed his name, "I'll be back." 

He hopped off the counter, and left the kitchen. 

"Who was that?" Frankie asked."

"Alexis," Persephone rolled her eyes, and picked out a chocolate chip from the bag on the counter.

"The one pregnant with his baby?"

"That's the one," Persephone confirmed.

"I'm guessing you guys don't like her."

"The only reason she is living under my roof is because of the baby," Ariel lifted the full tray, and slid it into the heated oven.

The conversation stopped when Dean walked back into the kitchen.

"What did it want?" Persephone asked. she never bothered to hide her dislike for Alexis, especially after Alexis accused her of sleeping with Dean. 

"What do you think she wanted?" Dean jumped back onto the counter. 

"That girl is a sex addict," Ariel wiped her hands on a towel, and started to pull her red hair into a ponytail. 

"She called you upstairs to have sex?" Frankie couldn't really believe it. He wasn't the most innocent teenager, but he grew up with religious parents so he wasn't used the casual talking of sex. 

"Yep," Dean rolled his eyes, "then I said I had people over, and left." 

"Have you started the new art project yet?" Persephone changed the subject." 

"Yesterday," Dean nodded, "I hate it." 

"Okay fuck off."

"Language Seph," Ariel looked over at Persephone with a stern look.

"Sorry Ari," Persephone apologized, "but it's needed." 

"She's right," Frankie butted in, "I've seen you doodle." 

"Those are doodles," Dean laughed, "doesn't mean I can actually draw." 

Ariel and Persephone burst out laughing, causing Dean to roll his eyes and cross his arms over his chest. 

"Shut up," Persephone shook her head, "you've got to see some of the stuff he draws," she directed at Frankie, "it's insane." 

"I'd love to see." 

"You're not seeing anything," Dean's cheeks and neck had turned pink at the attention on him, "now change the subject." 

******

"How far along is Alexis?" Frankie asked Dean the next day. 

Dean handed a 5 dollar bill to the cafeteria lady, and picked up his cup of french fries before answering the question, "7 months." 

"You ready for it?"

"I don't know," Dean sighed, "I'm excited." 

"I think you'd be a good father," Frankie confessed. 

"Really?" Dean asked, letting out an amused chuckle, "You hardly know me." 

"Still," he shrugged, "by what I know so far, you'd be a good dad." 

"Thanks," Dean smiled up at Frankie, "we'll find out in 2 months."