Chapter 36

[Liam POV]

As the boys all sat having ago at me and moaning about how horrible I was I felt the tears rising into my eyes. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to hold them back. I feel horrible, ever since Harry messaged me the other day saying Niall had been in an accident I was at a loss as to what to do. I wanted so bad to go up the hospital and see him, make sure he's ok but I knew straight away it was my fault. I saw Niall leave in a crying mess and I did nothing to stop him. I couldn't do anything I was so shocked. One minute I have a friend over to chill out the next thing I know he's telling me he is dating one of our other friends and I was just supposed to be ok with it.

Niall is my closest friend and I think the thing that bothered me the most is that he never told me, he told the world before he told me. Yeah I knew about the interview but I thought it was just going to be another normal interview, I didn't realise they we're going to be coming out as in a relationship with each other.

I felt something wet drip down my cheek and knew just thinking about what I caused and what happened to Niall I was crying. I quickly turned around and ran out the cafeteria into the hospital hallways. I slammed my back against the wall and slid down it placing my head in my hands and sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know how long I'd been there but I felt a hand reach down and rest on my shoulder. I wiped away my tears and looked up to see Zayn standing above me.

"Are you ok?" he whispered as he took a seat next to me.

"As good as can be expected." I sighed and wiped my eyes again. "I know everyone's pissed at me and I know what I said and did was wrong but I'm already beating myself up about it and I'm here to apologise. I don't know why they're saying such horrible things about me. I know I was wrong but I was in shock!"

"What you've got to understand though Li is Niall is Harry's boyfriend now so that means he's going to be pissed about the things you said to Niall as well as what actually happened to him after. And Louis is in the same boat as me, we're pissed at you because you should have been here as soon as we all found out about the accident but you hid away at home." Zayn explained and I nodding understanding what he was saying.

I know he's right and I know for a fact I shouldn't have hid away at home but I thought no one would have wanted to see me knowing it was all my fault. But I'm here now and I want to apologise to everyone. I just hope Niall understands and accepts my apology because I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't, he's my best friend and if I've fucked that up I won't forgive myself.

"I know. I just want to see Niall and apologise. I'm also sorry to you for getting you guys involved I shouldn't have said anything to Niall in the first place."

Zayn stood up and held out his hand helping me up, just as I stood Louis and Harry walked out the cafeteria looking a little calmer then walked ahead of us toward Niall's room. When Harry and I first got here we did peek in to see him straight away but he was sleeping and the nurse told us the other boys were up here which is why we came up. But now it's time to face the music and go apologise.

I walked with Zayn quietly behind Louis and Harry until we reached Niall's hospital room. Harry went straight inside but Louis just stopped and waited for me to walk in. I'm guessing Harry's gone in to make sure I don't upset Niall again so I walked inside and closed the door behind me. I could see Harry give Niall a quick kiss then stepped aside so Niall could see I was here.

"Liam you're here!" he said shocked.

"Um yeah, I want to apologise." I said quietly stepping forward and I saw Harry become tense.

"Haz can you give us a minute?" Niall asked him and Harry nodded giving him another quick kiss before stepping away and going outside.

On his way out Harry gave me a mean glare but I guess I deserved it. I stepped closer to the bed Niall was laying on only looking up when I was close enough.

"Niall first of all I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I know it was all my fault for the things I said but I didn't mean any of it. I'm happy for you that you've found Harry I was just so taken by surprise and immediately thought of all the bad things that could happen. But seeing the way you and Harry are I can tell how much you two care about each other. I hope you can forgive me and I really hope the other boys do too. I'm so honestly completely sorry from the bottom of my heart!" I said with tears threatening to leave my eyes again.

"Li it's ok, I shouldn't have run off like I did and I understand why you reacted like you did, it must have been a shock I was just hurt by the things you said even though deep down I know you didn't mean it. Of course I forgive you you're like a brother to me." Niall said and that's it the tears began to fall.

"I'm sorry for all this as well, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. How are you is everything ok? Like what's wrong with you?" I asked and Niall wiped a tear off my cheek.

"Stop crying or you'll make me cry and I'm fine just a few burns but I think they're minor. The doctors coming later and I'll find out more then." Niall explained and I felt a little better knowing his injuries aren't that bad.

"Ok well I'm going to go so you can spend some time with Harry and the others. Give me a text later and let me know what the doctors say. Thank you for forgiving me and I'm honestly so sorry." I said and leant down pulling Niall in for a hug.

"I will speak to you later and stop apologising its fine!"

I waved goodbye to Niall from the door and stepped aside so the others could walk back in. They all gave me weird looks except Zayn but as I stepped away from the door I heard Niall talking to them saying everything's fine and that I apologised. I didn't listen to the rest of the conversation though I just headed downstairs and climbed into my car and headed home.

OK guys this is a longer chapter then the last one so how about 40votes and 20 comments. The best comment will get a dedication