Chapter Twenty Two

It's been a week already and I've contemplated running away so many times it's scary. Chris comes by ever so often to torment me and Kale has grown closer and closer. Most of the pack members hate the fact I'm staying here but what are they gonna do? Kale would kill them if they touched me.

I'm sitting on the window ledge in Kale's room watching people arrive at the house. Today is the day of that party he was telling me about. It's scary knowing that all of these people are wolves.

I turn my head back inside when Kale walks out of the bathroom dressed fancy. A black button-up shirt, black dress pants, and black shoes. 

"Stare much?" He asks combing his hair.

I shrug, "Only at the good looking guys."

That hurt saying but the more he thinks I like him the better chance I have of not getting my throat ripped out.

He grins, "Aren't you gonna get ready?"

I look down at my outfit, black skin-tight skinny jeans, a baggy blue shirt, and blue converse to match the shirt, "What do I look bad?"

He laughs and shakes his head, "No it's just that girls like doing their hair. Don't they?"

I nod, "I don't like doing my hair but if it's bothering you so much I will."

I swing my legs back into the room before hopping down and making my way into the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror and I sigh.

After a year of looking like a hobo, Kale took me to a mall and got me new clothes, and got my hair cut. I got my naturally black hair cut to my shoulders and I got an undercut in the back. I complimented this one girl's hair who had one and Kale thought it was cute so I did it.

I mess with my hair a bit before exiting the bathroom. Kale smiles, "Ready to go and meet everyone?"

I shake my head, "Nope."

He smiles and grabs my arm lightly before pulling me out of the room. We walk downstairs and outside. I almost smile when I hear people talking about me. 

We stop in front of an old lady and an old man both dressed in fancy clothes. He walks up and kisses the lady's cheek before hugging the man.

They both turn to me smiling weakly. You can tell they are judging me hard.

Kale turns and smiles at them, "Mom dad this is Skyler."

I pull on the same weak smile they have on, "It's a pleasure to meet you guys."

The lady smiles, "Pleasure."

Someone should pull the stick out of her ass.

Chris walks up behind me and touches my side making me flinch. 

Chris smiles, "Could I borrow Skyler for a moment?"

Kale smiles, "Sure go ahead."

Chris pulls me away from them into an area where people aren't really at.

He leans in to kiss my cheek but I put my hand up stopping him.

Chris goes to yell at me but I put a finger on his lip, "Shhh I want to hear what they are saying about me."

I close my eyes and I listen as hard as I can.

"Kale! She is a mutt!" I hear the lady say.

Kale sighs and goes to say something but his dad cuts him off.

"No Kale! Do not make any excuses. You're going to take her out and kill her!" 

"No Dad! I can't! Skyler is my mate!" Kale says making me turn to Chris.

"What's a mate?" 

Chris grips onto my shoulders roughly, "Why?!"

"Kale said I was his mate," I say shaking my head.

He lets me go confused, "But... you're my mate."

"Whats a mate?!" I ask raising my voice making people look over.

"Your soul mate you stupid girl."