Chapter Twenty Five

Skyler POV

___________

Its been a week now and Chris and Kale has made no efforts to find me even though I know they are both still alive. I found out a couple days after the party that the bounty was taken off of my head. So I've been living in my old mutt pack.

I wake up to the sounds of people running around.

I stand up and I stretch. All week people have been harping on me about the pack, jumping over the river, and being kidnapped. I guess new spreads fast in forest.

I ate a bit before taking a walk in the forest. Its short lived when Chris begins speaking to me.

'Meet me at your old house or Lily gets worse then you had.' Chris says making me raise my eyebrow.

'Who's Lily?'

'Oh I forgot. Lily is the little girl your parents adopted. She is just so cute.'

I groan, 'If you touch a hair on her head I'll kill you.'

He laughs, 'Then you better get here quickly.'

As soon as he breaks the connection I shift and I begin running as fast as I can. I don't care that I don't know the girl. I do know Chris though and he has major problems.

Almost an hour later I'm outside of my house. Chris is leaning on a van holding the little girl I saw at my parent's house, though now she looked older. That's probably the same van I was kidnapped in.

I step in front of him and I sigh, "Go give her back to my parents."

He shakes his head and kisses her head, "Can't they're dead so I'll be keeping her a bit longer."

I take a deep breath to keep from shifting and ripping his throat out, "Hand me Lily."

He shakes his head and pulls open the vans sliding door, "Get in and I'll give her to you."

Lily giggles, "Youwrr the pwety one fron the picures."

I smile before climbing into the van. Chris hands me Lily before closing the door and running over to the driver's seat. I sit down and I sigh.

Lily looks at me and groans, "I don't wike tah dark."

I set her down so that she is lying on me and I kiss her head, "Just go to sleep and the darkness will be gone when you wake up."

Chris looks back at me and smiles, "You're so good with kids, maybe we should have some."

I turn away disgusted.

Soon later Lily is fast asleep and I'm bored out of my mind.

Almost three hours later the van stops for the last time.