Chapter 16

Nic's POV:

"Pre-Preston what happened?" I start to cry.

He try's to talk but instead he starts to fall forward.

"Mitch, Jerome put him in the guest room!" I order.

They both nod as I run to go grab some first aid stuff. Instead of the regular type of first aid kit, our first aid kit has everything you need plus a list of herbs for healing(I love Warriors ok). I run out to my herb garden and grab the ones I will need without grabbing the first aid kit. I dash back inside with the herbs in my mouth and arms so I can grab anything else I needed. Before I get to the guest bedroom I grab a couple bottles of water just in case. I sprint into the room with everything in my arms. Mitch and Jerome look at me, they probably think I'm crazy for grabbing herbs to help heal him but I know what I'm doing.

"Mitch, Jerome don't ask cause I'll tell you later." I say as I rush to Preston's side.

"It'll be ok hang in there buddy," I whisper to Preston.

He opens his eyes and stares at me, "Nic just use your herb thingies before I die."

I nod and start washing his wounds. They are deep but nothing I can't handle.

I start to explain to Mitch and Jerome each herb and its uses as I am healing Preston.

"Jerome go grab..." I barely started my sentence when he ran off.

He come back in the room with some food, drank and sweets.

"Preston sit up and eat or drink something." I tell him. He winces as he sits up.

"I'm not done with your wounds so you will hurt." I warn him.

"I-I thought you were done?!" He croaks.

"I need to wash my hands," I smile as I beckon him to look at me herb stained hands.

"Guys will you watch him I need to go wash my hands and grab some strengthening herbs." I say standing up.

"Ya sure we can watch him." Mitch straightens from the wall he was leaning on.

"K brb," I sprint out of the room.

Mitch's POV:

Just seeing him sitting there helpless reminds me of when Nic was in the hospital(before chapter 8) because of our mother.

-flashback-

"Nic get down before anything else happens!" I whisper to her.

"Mitch I'll be fine," she retorts.

"Just don't protect me ok?!" I tell her.

She doesn't reply.

"I don't want you to take a bullet for me!" I tell her again.

"Mitch just stop, I will do anything for you!" She sheds a single tears then wipes it away.

"KIDS STOP HIDING LIKE BABIES AND COME OVER HERE!!" Our mother screams.

I look at Nic and see she is trembling. She's going into fear mode.

Our mother finds us hiding behind the couch and laughs. Then she grabs us and puts us on the couch.

"Listen if you won't cooperate than you will be punished!" She grins.

We both nod shakily.

(Warning violence ahead! Under 10 skip this part!)

"First I need you to quit your Youtube thing and get real jobs," she begins.

I cut her off, "Why should we! Youtube makes us happy and relieves us of the stress you put us through!"

"How dare you cut me off like that Mitchell!!!!" She screams.

She reaches in her back pocket and grabs out a gun. Then she points it at me and cocks it.

"One blow and your gone son." She remarks.

"MOM STOP!" Nic screams.

She looks at Nic,the gun still pointed at me. She pulls the trigger and I see a body in front of mine. I look down to see the body of Nic with a bullet hole in her chest.

"NIC!!!!!!" I scream looking at her limp helpless body.

-end of flashback-

Just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

Nic runs back in with more plants and a towel.

-After they fix Preston-

Jerome's POV:

Seeing Nic do all that with plants makes me think. She learned all that from books and a little bit of Internet.

"Thanks Nic for helping me out." Preston rasps.

"No problem buddy!" She laughs.

"I think I should explain myself now." Preston begins.

He goes on about how he was walking to our house to ask us to go to gamestop, when someone held a gun up to him asking for money. He told them he forgot his wallet then they shot him.

"Preston I'm sorry about what happened to you." Nic starts to cry.

Preston tries to calm her down, "It's ok it's not your fault."

She looks at us all, "There is something I need to tell you guys..."

She goes on about how she can feel people's pain and can walk in other people's dreams.

"Nic..." Mitch hugs her.

"I felt the gunshot," she burst out in tears.

"That's why I always took the hit for Mitch because it just breaks my heart to see anyone hurt!" She sobs.

Mitch picks her up and hugs her, "It's ok you will be fine."

She looks at him, "Mitch I can't live my life without feeling heparin of people I'm close to."

"That's why I work hard at learning herbs because they are much easier to learn than medicine!" She buries her head in Mitch's chest.

"You don't need to work at it you are wonderful at it! You saved my life!" Preston laughs.

"Thanks guys!" She wipes her eyes.

Seeing Nic like that made me realize that see isn't as tough as I thought she is.

Man is she good at what she does.

----------------------------

Sad chapter but I got two in one day!!! Plz comment, vote, follow and share!!!! Take care and may StarClan light your path!!!!!!

-Frostleaf