Chapter 9

Mitch's POV:

"Nic answer it we can do this, together!"

She redialed the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Their mom said.

"Hi it's Mitch." I said nervously.

"Oh hey Mitch just the man I wanted to talk to." Now I'm scared. I can tell Nic is too.

"And for the record Nic is sitting next to me," I add.

"Ok this involves both of you anyway!" Their mom said. Ok something's up.

"Just get to the point!" I say.

"I just wanted to say..."

"Say what?!" Nic yells.

"Nic you are coming home so I can send you to collage!" Their mom says.

I look at Nic. She's terrified, she lifts up her shirt slightly and points to her scar.

"Hello?" Their mom asks.

"Mom I'm not coming home!" Nic says shaking.

Jerome walks into the room.

"Hey Biggums... Oh I'll come back later," Jerome says as he slowly backs away.

"Excuse me?!" Their mom replies confused.

"I always wanted to go to collage but I found a better hobby..." Nic says.

"Oh yea and what's that?" Their mom says sternly.

"It's called Youtube and Minecraft!" I'm so proud of my sis.

"Whatever you can live your life like that. I don't care anymore. Your living the life your idiot brother chose. Oh and I don't regret hurting you Nic! I really meant it!" Her voice was cold.

Nic starts crying. I know something's up. It's not just the words she crying about.

"Whatever, mom. I dont even feel the right to call you that anymore!" I say then hang up the phone.

"Mitch she will find us!" Nic crys even more.

I scoot over to her and hold her tightly.

"I will never let her get you!" I whisper.

"Never!" I say with more pride.

Nic's POV:

"Mitch there's something I forgot to tell you a year ago," I start.

"Tell me it," Mitch replies.

"I need Jerome here too," I say.

"Okay. JEROME GET OVER HERE!" Mitch yells.

"Yes?!" Jerome asks.

I pat the bed and he sits.

"So a year ago two nights before the incident, I had a dream. I was in the living room the mom grabbed me and sliced my side, broke my left arm and right leg. The next night I get visited by Firestar. You know the leader that just died in the last book of the Warriors series?" They both nod and beckon me forward.

"He reminds me that my destiny lies in what my dreams tell me. That's why I told Mitch that is was my destiny to get hurt." I said.

"Then Jayfeather walks up to me. The blind medicine cat of Thunderclan. He told me that bearing the weight of this kind of responsibility is hard." I say trying not to run away. I hate talking about my dreams and stuffs.

"Ok I get that but why couldn't I have known a year ago?!" Mitch asks looking into my eyes.

"I knew you would be worried and try to take the hurt for me!! I didn't want you to have to suffer!" I started to cry.

Jerome shifted closer to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Your safe now Nic, she won't get you!" Jerome says calmly.

Just after he said that we all hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Jerome volunteers.

Jerome's POV:

"I'll get it!" I volunteer.

I run off and almost trip over everything on the floor.

I open the door, and I almost faint.

The demon queen herself.

Mitch and Nic's mom.

-------------------------------------
You might have guessed it but whatever. Anyways comment, vote and follow!!! I would like to hear feedback on my book.
Take care and may StarClan light your path!
-Frostleaf