««Chapter 11»»

Mason's POV

I walked back to the table, just to check if the guys were still there. I hummed along to a song that had been stuck in my head all day. I walked to the volleyball field, then to the picnic table, and,

Where the heck is Greg and Ivan?

I spent the rest of the day alone, at the little fireplace across the camp grounds. I needed time to ponder to myself about life. About Audrey. About our "relationship".

About Aria.

"They must have went back to the cabin.." I figured. Where else could they be 10 minutes to curfew? I went back to the cabin, still humming along to the same song.

"Hey guys why-... Dufuq.." I opened the door to an empty cabin. Beds were unmade, just the way they left it this morning. The same bag of chips they pigged out of this morning as well, still sitting on the couch. I set my jacket down. I decided to get ready for bed, with or without my buddies.

While i was washing my face off, I heard the door creak open.

"Greg, Ivan. Where the heck have you bee-.. Oh. Hey."

I peaked out of the bathroom door, only to find Logan opening the door.

"Sorry. Just me dude.." he said, setting his stuff down and plopping down on his bottom bunk.

"Hey.. Have you seen Greg and Ivan?" Logan must have seen them some time while I've been gone..

Not even looking up from his phone, he shook his head. "Sorry, nope. Last I saw them they were at the picnic table, but that was a while ago.."

I sighed. I was worried. What are those trouble makers up to now? Its getting late..

Holy crap I sound like my mom..

I grabbed my jacket, still in my jammies, i headed out, informing Logan of my doings.

I stepped outside, and stopped.

"Now if I were a stupid weirdo, where would I be.."

Liz.

I headed over to the girls' cabin. I tried my best to stay out of sight from the camp administrators. I mean, c'mon. A guy lingering around the girls' cabins in his pjs past curfew is pretty weird.

I finally found the right cabin, and made my way around to the front. Just as I was about to turn the corner, I hear voices. Ivan. ... Eleanor..?

They were outside, talking. There wasn't any laughing. Just conversing about something random. It sounded awkward.

I stepped around the corner, decided now would be a perfect time to act deviously.

"HEEEYYYY. HOW COME I WASN'T INVITED TO THE PARTY?" I said, nearly shouting, but not too loud. I'm not THAT dumb..

Eleanor shrieked and Ivan jumped. They didn't say anything as I stood there trying to hold back my outbursts. They both glanced at each other, and pointed back to the door. Ivan was kind enough to open it for me. As I peeked in, I saw Greg inside, tapping on the bathroom.

"C'mon Liz, its not THAT bad. I mean, I don't blame you if you think I'm hot."

Ugh. Stupid Greg.

I leaned against the door hinge, resuming watching this amusing entertainment.

I looked around the small room, and found Aria. She had her back to me as she sat atop her bed, taking out the braid from her hair.

I must have been staring, cause the room grew quiet as Greg found me watching Aria play with her hair..

Oops. Aria turned around and I immediately looked away. Crap. I didn't want to look back. I hope she didn't see that..

Greg stood there, back leaning on the bathroom door.

"Now why are YOU here?" He asked raising an eyebrow, smiling.

"To save your ass you idiot. Its past curfew. Now if you dont stop trying your luck with Liz, we should head back before we get in serious trouble."

He turned red as he rolled his eyes at me and stormed out the door. He seemed a little mad..

Who am I kidding, he was pissed.

Eh. Who cares. It was funny.

I opened the door for Greg as he stomped past. I glanced back at Aria before I left.

Shoot she was looking at me..

I felt the color creep up on my cheeks.

I tried for a smile. Good..

She smiled back.. Wow.. Her smile.. Her smile was amazing.. It was heart stopping.. It was.. Beauti-

"MASON." Ivan yelled outside.

My face was burning red by now.

"Sorry for all the trouble.." I weakly spoke to Aria.

She smiled once more. Calming my nerves.

"Its alright.. Hey,"

I looked up at her.

"Goodnight Mason."

I smiled back, feeling a bit more brave.

"Goodnight Aria.."

I closed the door, closed my eyes, and turned around and leaned on it.

I sighed.

Aria.

My thoughts were cut off. By laughter. Not Greg's. Not Ivan's.

Eleanor's.

Crap. I forgot shes still out here.

"How'd it go in there tiger?" she asked, as i moved aside, letting her get inside.

Well crap.

Someone please explain to me what happened tonight..