««Chapter 25»»

GREG'S POV

Today was the last day of summer camp and everyone was crowded around the outdoor stage saying their goodbyes and "see you next summer!"-s. Lucky for me I'll be seeing Liz again next next week when school starts.

I looked around looking for her because even though I'll be seeing her soon, I still wanted to say goodb-.. Er, see you later.

Cars started arriving and everyone soon started clearing out and I finally found Liz totally third wheeling with Ivan and Eleanor. I laugh as I approach her and give her a big hug as well.

"Hey!" She greeted, smiling and hugging me back.

"Is your ride here yet?" I asked as I slowly let go to look at her.

"No, I'm riding with Ele and Aria."

"Oh okay."

I looked into her hazel eyes and smiled. It's weird to think that I just met her this summer and yet I already feel like I've spent my entire life with her.

I'm so glad I'm transferring to her school because of my dad's work. I can't wait to walk her to class... and eat lunch with her... and drive her home... and --

"...What..?"

I got so lost in thought, I didn't even realize I was staring.

I shook my head in response. She just smiled and hugged me again.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll see you in two weeks, silly goose."

"Oh right. I forgot."

I laugh. We hugged a bit more and talked until my ride came. I stood up and hugged her once again. I smiled and said bye as I started walking to my car. I stopped when I held on the door though.. I knew something was .. incomplete.

I smiled and turned back around.

I ran to Liz and immediately kissed her cheek. CHEEK. yes, cheek. lips seem a little too early, so... I'm satisfied with kissing her cheek.

"woah there." she laughed, a little surprised at what I did.

"I'm sorry, I had to."

"... it's totally fine."

I smiled and started walking back to my ride. I waved as the car started moving. I closed my eyes, smiling, thinking how incredibly lucky I am to go to this camp because it was the best. summer. ever.

IVAN'S POV

I held Eleanor in my arms for what seemed like forever. I didn't want to let go, but unfortunately, I have to eventually... just not right now.

*FLASHBACK*

I felt really bad breaking the news to Eleanor. You can see her mood change in just a blink of an eye.

If I had the choice, I wouldn't choose to transfer to a different school even if it was a private school... but that's the thing. I didn't choose to leave, my parents did. I could've told them I didn't want to, but I didn't.

"... oh."

I sigh. If only I knew I'd meet the most amazing girl over the summer that just so happened to go to the same school then I wouldn't have agreed with them.

"I'm not moving or anything... I'm just going to a private high school.. because my parents wanted me to.." 

I held her hand, and she didnt yank it away. I squeezed her hand and looked into her eyes.

"... we're still gonna hang out, right?"

"Of course! we will! all the time!" 

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I smile and give her a hug. Long and tight, just like right now...

~~~~~~~

I kissed her forehead as we both slowly let go of each other. I held her face and made her look at me.

"Hey listen, we'll still see each other. We promised, remember?"

she nods slowly. I kissed her cheek like it was just a normal thing for us. She didn't seem to mind, so that's good, I guess.

I hear a car honk. I look over only to find my sister out waiting for me. I looked back at Ele and held up my hand close to her face, with my pinky up, and the rest folded.

Without any hesitations, she smiled and wrapped her pinky around mine.

".... Promise."

I smiled and hugged her for the last time. I started walking to my car but turned around before I got in to wave.

haaaaayyy.. until we hang out, Ele.

MASON'S POV

... where is she?

I haven't spoken to her since the day I tried to. Every single time I try to approach her, she disappears.

Aria, where are you?

I walked around the camp hoping I would find her all alone somewhere so I can talk to her before she leaves, or I leave, just so we can be in good terms when I see her at school in two weeks.

In their cabin?

no...

In the music room?

no...

I need to apologize and.. just ask for a chance to start over.

I just need to talk to her.

By the lake?

no...

I need to tell her I feel the same way. That.. I didn't mean to break the news to her that way and then tell her I broke up with Audrey... which obviously made her feel like I chose her to take advantage of her feelings...

In the camp cafeteria?

no...

I've been running around this entire camp for a while now and I still haven't found her. I decided to just give up and wait for my ride like the other guys did.

I sat on one of the benches, pushing my hair back in frustration... and sadness.

I look up and spot Eleanor getting in a car... and then Liz... and then Aria.

I immediately stood up. I don't know why, but I didn't walk to her, or .. run to her. I wasn't even that relieved that I found her..

... wait what?

Why aren't you going after her, Mason? go! GO!!

I won't go.

MASON why the heck not?

because... she already left.

I got too distracted with fighting with myself.. that I ended up not even having the chance to say goodbye. Atleast until school starts.

... or at least until she decides she doesn't want to avoid me anymore.

this has been one heck of a summer. Amazing, yet not. I met a lot of good people, and one incredible girl that I decided to hurt.

Summer's over now and the school year is gonna start soon. Let's hope it turns out a lot better than this summer did. 

let's hope we all get our happy endings.