««« Chapter 4 »»»

Ivan's POV

«»«»«»

"GREG JUST SERVE THE FREAKING BALL."

There he was, standing pretty far from the other side, looking at the window of the cafeteria.

What is this dude looking at?

We just ate, for goodness sake.

He still looked at the window to Logan and I decided to check out what he was looking at.

Aah.. the girls we met.

"She's cute, isn't she?" Logan said, teasing.

"PFFT. WHAT? NO. LIZ IS SOO NOT MY TYPE." he said getting all defensive and immediately looked away from the window.

Haha.

Gotcha.

"Dude. Logan didn't even say a name."

He asked us to go back to our position, but we refused to.

We wanted to have a little "talk" (;

"Soo.. Liz." I started, "Ya like her?"

I felt like it was the perfect time to do the eyebrows, so I did.

He shook his head in response. "I already told you, I don't find her anywhat attractive." He said, and scratched his head. Oh boy.

"What about you Mr. Ivan Meyers? Eleanor , eh?"

Of course they'd bring that up. Of course.

"Guys, I just know her from school.. that's it."

I was telling the truth. I so see her around at school.. I just didn't tell them I knew her for a reason.

"C'mon, Ivan, sp-"

Greg said, but got off track as soon as he looked at the window again. Tsktsk. This boy. Looking at Liz, while Logan looked at Meagan, and me... Eleanor.

I knew her for a reason. We didn't really have any classes together, nor lunch. We never spoke to each other either.. I pass by her every period in the hallways. Always admired her smile, and the jokes I hear from her every once and a while.

She was a crush.

One of those subtle crushes that no matter how many girls you have crush on, she's still there.

Never disappears.

"Hey."

The guy from our cabin sat by us in the sand. I think his name was... Uhm... Mason? I'm pretty sure he goes to our school.

"Looking at those girls, eh?"

I think he noticed that we were looking at the girls, so he said something about it.

We all looked a him, and nodded.

Greg knows him, they seem to be really good friends, even before camp.

"I know 'em."

We all shot him another look. Not like, a mean look.. more of a.. tell-us-about-them look.

"Well, Liz.. she's.. special. She's pretty dang hilarious."

There you go Greg. Told you she's your type.(;

"Aria.. I... I don't know.."

"Eleanor.."

ELEANOR.

WHAT DOES SHE LIKE.

"She's a real good singer."

A singer.. I like that.

Singers are smokin.

I like this camp.. so far.

I finally get to speak to the person I always wanted to talk to at school.

I think Greg will finally find someone attractive.

Logan.. be Logan.

And this Mason dude... to be Mason.

I glanced at the window again to take one last look at her, but they weren't there anymore.

Hmm.

Where'd they go?

We decided to just resume our game of volleyball of 2 against 2.

Mason and me against the buttheads.

Butthead numero uno serves, and I miss. It was too far. Showoff.

I turned and ran to go get it, but..

what I found when I turned around was Eleanor and her friends, volleyball in her hand, with a slightly naughty smile.. if that's the right word.

"We're up for a game."