•sixteen•

I picked up the phone, scrolling through my contacts as I looked for my mom's number. Lauren had asked me a few days ago to meet my parents, so naturally, I said yes. I lifted the phone up to my ear, listening to it ring. It rang five times before someone picked up.

"Normani?" My mom greeted. "How are you sweetie?"

"I'm good," I smiled. "Mama Drea."

"That's nice honey," She paused. "Did you meet someone?"

"How'd you know?" I inquired.

"You have a lighter tone in your voice," She beamed. "None of the other boys you brought home made you sound like this."

"I have met someone," I squealed. "And she wants to meet you."

"She?" Mama Drea asked. "Manibear, you've finally found yourself a good, strong woman to take care of you."

"You wanted a woman for me mama?" I giggled. "Since when?"

"No man can ever take care of a woman like a woman can," She answered honestly. "We know how to read each other, how to go through each other's struggles together. Men just don't understand that."

"I'm surprised you married Papa D," I laughed.

"I wasn't into the kitty cat," Mama joked. "It was not about to say 'hello kitty' to me." I threw my head back with laughter, the sound filling the room.

"Well," I proclaimed. "Lauren has requested to meet you guys. She's really looking forward to it."

"Lauren?" She gasped. "As in Lauren Jauregui?"

"You've heard of her?"

"Who hasn't!" She exclaimed. "Derrick come here! Mani is dating the famous Lauren Jauregui!"

"Can we come for dinner tonight?" I pleaded.

"Of course!" Mama beamed. "See you at dinner baby. Bye Manibear."

"Bye Mama," I hung up, placing the phone next to me.

"Lauren!" I yelled.

"What mama?" Lauren replied groggily from the bathroom.

"We're going to have dinner with my family," I announced.

"Finally!" Lauren huffed. "Took you long enough!"

* * *

Lauren ran her fingers through her hair as we stood on the doorstep to my house. She was so nervous - more nervous than ever before. She'd become extremely paranoid, trying to make sure that everything was alright. I told her not to dress up, just to dress casually. She did as I said, but still thought she should've dressed more appropriately. I grabbed her hand, squeezing reassuringly. She placed a kiss on my cheek, just as my mom opened the door to her home.

"Manibear!" She squealed, bringing me in for a tight hug.

"Hey mama," I giggled. Mama Drea backed up, taking in the sight of Lauren.

"Oh wow," She breathed. "You're much more beautiful in person." I smacked her arm.

"Thank you Miss Hamilton," Lauren smiled.

"Call me Mama Drea," Mama insisted, pulling Lauren in for hug.

"Come in ladies," She ushered us in. "Choie is already at the table." I ran into the dining room, smiling at my best friend.

"Mani!"

"Coco!" We hugged.

"This is Lauren," I introduced, watching the two shake hands.

"Nice to meet you," Lauren smiled.

"I can't believe you're dating the Lauren Jauregui!" Choie squealed. "I'm such a huge fan Lauren."

"Thank you," Lauren chuckled. We settled into our seats, chatting and laughing as the food arrived. Derrick and Andrea set the food across the table.

"So Mani," Derrick rumbled. "How have you been?" I smiled.

"My album is almost out," I exclaimed. "And I've also got this lovely woman here to thank." I gestured to Lauren.

"That's right!" Derrick exclaimed. "You're her producer, right?" Lauren nodded and gave a sheepish grin.

"That I am," She squeaked. I pinched her cheek.

"You're so adorable when you're embarrassed," I giggled.

"Not as adorable as you," Lauren gushed.

"You guys are making me feel bad," Choie complained. I hugged her, laughing.

"You'll find somebody soon Co," I soothed.

"What're your plans with my daughter Lauren?" Mama asked, smiling sweetly. I looked over at Lauren.

"Um I, uh," Lauren swallowed, her face reddening. "I really love your daughter, and I hope to marry her one day." She rubbed the back of her neck, looking down at the table. I blushed, kissing her on the cheek and rubbing her arm.

"You can marry her," Derrick declared. "Just don't hurt her anymore then she's already been." Lauren nodded vigorously, holding my hand.

"Uh can I tell you guys something?" I stuttered. Everyone nodded.

"Um," I took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant." It was silent, a very unbearable silence. A grin magically grew on everyone's face after a while.

"That's wonderful news!" Andrea exclaimed!

"You're a little young," Derrick scolded. "But I'm happy for you either way."

"I get to be an aunt!" Choie squealed. She leaned over, looking at my stomach.

"Hey there lil baby," Choie giggled. "You have to come out skinny so I can fatten you up and spoil you." I laughed.

We ate dinner and talked, chatting up a storm. Lauren talked about her plans for the future, I mine. Choie announced that she got to be the lead on a project in her college class.

* * *

I hugged everyone for the last time, walking out of the house with Lauren. I waved at my parents and held hands with her, swinging them by my hip.

"Your folks are wonderful," Lauren beamed. "They're so supportive." I nodded.

"Yeah," We strolled down the block a little, trying our best to avoid the party that was at the end of the street.

A girl with lots of tats approached us, a blunt in one hand and a cup in the other. She had tons of money jutting out from her waistband, and she stumbled a little. Lauren froze, pushing me a little behind her.

"Laaauren," The girl drawled. "You got my stuff."

"Not today," Lauren growled. "Kehlani."

A/N: I like Andrea & Derrick...so they get to be Choie's parents in the story. Btw this is just a filler