•four•

"I drug deal," I coughed, choking on my champagne. Lauren is a drug dealer? No wonder she makes all that money! There's a high fucking demand for drugs in this world, even though that's the sad truth. I blinked a few times, pinching myself and trying to see if this was a dream. It was real.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked, her voice laced with concern.

"You're a drug dealer?!" I snapped. "What do you sell?"

"The hard stuff," Lauren shrugged.

"Am I the only who knows about this?" Lauren shook her head.

"My assistant knows too, and so does my business partner," She had a partner?

"What's your partner's name?" I pressed, trying to get as much answers as possible.

"Karla," I shot up out of my seat.

"What's her last name?" My voice came out in a shaky form.

"Cabello," I started pacing back and forth, trying to process all of this.

My roommate, who also happens to be my best friend was a drug dealer? No wonder she could support us so easily! I rubbed my temples, hyperventilating. I hadn't even heard Lauren calling my name. She put her hands on my shoulders and spun me so I was facing her. We were inches apart once more.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked, her eyes gentle but worrisome at the same time.

"I'm trying to process all this," I whispered.

"You know Karla?" Lauren asked, shocked. I nodded.

"She's my best friend of ten years and my roommate," I explained. We were silent, still looking into each other's eyes.

"Are you going to leave me?" Lauren's voice cracked. Why was she so worried about me leaving? Again, we aren't a couple yet.

I stared at her, taking a minute to process this. Standing in front of me was the powerful Lauren Jauregui. Her life was the definition of the American Dream, plus she was helping me with my music. She was also gorgeous, adorable, sweet, funny, and protective. She knew what was hers and how to tell someone that. Yet at the same time, she was a very dangerous figure. An important and dangerous figure. I could get into a lot of trouble just dating her. I have no idea what she's done in her life, or what enemies she's made. Do I really want to risk my safety - or worse, my life - for her? At the same time, I was happier with her than I've ever been with Trevor or Masi or Arin. I looked straight into her eyes.

"I'll stay,"

* * *

Ooh babe, ooh babe

If you know how to be my lover
Maybe you can be my baby
Hold me close under the covers
Kiss me boy, and drive me crazy

Be my, be my, be my, be my,
Be my baby
Be my, be my, be my baby
And drive me crazy

If you know how treat me, you know how to touch me
Baby, then you'll get the chance, the chance to love me

It's obvious I want to be into you
But it all depends on all the things you do
Cause babe I promise, I promise
If you keep it real with me, be honest be honest