Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Taylor throws the car in park and turns in his seat to face me. “Here’s the plan, if I lose you or you find a man,” He winks seductively. “…Meet me at the entrance at two.” His couldn’t be more serious and it’s enough to send me into a laughing fit.

“What’s so funny?”

I continue to giggle, covering my face in hands, “I just can’t take you seriously when you look at me like that.”

He rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed. Still laughing, I manage to sputter, “Is that the face you give you to all the girls to get to sleep with you? Because it’s pretty fucking hilarious.”

“Uh, no.” He lies. Growing frustrated he throws his hands up in defeat, “Why are you making fun of me? I don’t appreciate this! Is this what I get for taking you to nice places?”

“Oh, calm down princess. You’re just so easy to make fun of. You make it too easy. It’s amusing.”

He shakes his head before killing the ignition. We both climb out of the car and he rests his hand at my lower back guiding me into the venue. I finally regain my composure as we walk through the door.

The venue is in the nicer part of town as I had expected. It was beautifully and tastefully decorated. The party was supposed to be relatively low-key, which would be refreshing. Sometimes these big events were so overwhelming with all of the big named people. I’d much rather be in shorts and a t-shirt with a beer in hand and my ass on the beach.

Dave’s booming voice takes me out of my daze as he comes bounding towards me like he hasn’t seen me in ten years.

“MAGDALENA!!” He roars loud enough for the entire room to hear, catching everyone’s attention almost immediately.

“DAVID!” I squeal closing the gap in between us. He envelops me in a huge hug, which I return gratefully.

“I haven’t seen you in SO long!” He gushes, releasing me from his grip as I take a step back to face him. Taylor rolls his eyes at our obscene gestures and excuses himself to the bar.

“I know! You guys were gone for like ever and nobody called me.” I retort.

He frowns, “I’m sorry. We were kind of caught up. But, we’re back for a little bit which means you, Taylor and I need to jam together.”

“That indeed needs to happen. It’s been forever since I’ve played actually. School got really crazy towards the end of the year and I haven’t had time.”

“That’s a shame. Did the end of the year wrap up well?”

I grin widely as soon as I see Taylor approaching Dave and I with drinks in hand. He hands us our drinks, then disappears again. “Yes, it was great. I had some great kids this year and I’m sad to see them go.”

“Well, I’m glad you’re off for the summer. Jordyn has missed you as well.” He smirks.

“Because you took her from me!”

He chuckles, “Has Taylor let you hear anything from the new record?”

“He played Times Like These and I love it!” I squeal. “I’m mostly happy that this album is happening though.”

He huffs, “Yeah, me too because it almost didn’t.”

I raise my eyebrows, “Tell me about it.”

So there’s a few things you should know about Taylor, Dave, and Chris. The three of them, in addition to a guy named Nate, are in a band called Foo Fighters. They’re a pretty big deal. I only started listening to them when Taylor joined a few years back. I loved Nirvana and Scream so when I discovered that Dave was the front-runner, I immediately fell in love with their music.