Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

Taylor and I begin the drive home, bidding farewell to Gianna and Drew. Relief has washed over me, revitalizing me, making me feel new. I finally feel like I can breathe again. These past two weeks have been some of the most difficult, just waiting in limbo. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to prepare for something like that. You just have to believe that in the end, everything will work out.

“Dave called me earlier, asking if I could stop by…do you mind?” Taylor asks, looking over at me from the road.

“No, not at all. We can stop by to see your boyfriend. I understand that it has been entirely too long since the two of you been apart.” I tease lovingly.

He rolls his eyes, with a wide grin. He cannot deny the truth. We pull into their driveway, Dave swinging open the door with a smile on his face, inviting us in.

“Long time, no see.” He chuckles, giving me a hug. “How have you been?”

“I’ve been better. Yourself?”

“Fantastic. I’m assuming you’re going to hash that out with Jordyn. She’s upstairs in our bedroom. Come back down soon though, I want to jam with you.”

I salute him and giggle, “Yes sir.”

The three of us laugh and I abandon them in search of Jordyn. I guess which door is their bedroom and open it up, to find her folding laundry on their bed.

“Hey!” She yells enthusiastically. “What are you doing here?” She drops the clothes in her hands and hugs me. “Not that I don’t want you here or anything.”

I laugh, “Taylor said that Dave asked him to stop by…who knows why.”

“They haven’t seen in each other in a total of two days, it might be the end of the world.” She remarks dryly causing both of us to snicker.

“That’s what I said! I think they might be worse than us.”

She opens up a draw and places neatly folded t-shirts in it. “Oh they are definitely worse than us. Drama queens.”

I lay down on their bed, kicking off my shoes. When Jordyn and I were single we used to lie in bed for hours talking. Those were the times when we confessed our deepest fears, our biggest nightmares, and our wildest dreams. We still have those times, yet far less frequent than we would like.

“So when do you move into your new house?” I ask, observing her fluent actions around the room.

“We close next Friday, so hopefully very, very soon.” She crosses her fingers.

I clap my hands in joy, “Yay! I’m so excited. Aren’t you glad to be getting out of this house finally?”

She closes a drawer. “You have no idea. I love this house, but I’m ready to have something more permanent. I just hope we can get in and semi-settled before they leave for tour. It’s less than a month away.”

I groan, “Don’t say that.”

“You will be fine. You’re used to dealing with distance all the time. Now it’s just in a different situation.” She replies nonchalantly, joining me on the bed.

I laugh despite myself, “That’s true. Things are different. Now I actually have feelings for my best friend who is leaving for three weeks.”

She turns to lie on her side looking at me. “You’re telling me. How are things going between you and T?”

I can’t help but smile at the thought of him. “Good, really good actually.”

“I’m happy to hear. I was just telling Dave the other day how much I love the two you together. It’s been a long time coming.”