Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty-Three

Taylor’s POV

“As much as I want to talk to you some more, I know that you have to go to school and I have to go to sound check.” My voice tapers off. 

She sighs, “Yeah, I need to leave.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too. Call me soon.”

“Will do.”

I can’t help but smile as I put the phone back on the receiver. Dave’s chackling laughter fills the air, “You are so eaten up. She has you wrapped around her finger.”

“Shut the hell up.” I remark, laughing it off. I am anything but eaten up.  

“It’s been what, a little over a week? You sound like you’ve been separated from her for a month!”

For some reason, his comment set me off. Why does he care if I miss her? Who is he to judge our relationship? Who does he think he is? “Fuck you man. So what if I miss her?”

He throws his hands up, “There’s no need to get fussy about it. I was just giving you a hard time.”

I let out a frustrated sigh, “Mags is different. She’s not just somebody I met at a bar or something.”

“I know, I know!” He replies. “I am well aware who she is, you don’t have to explain yourself. You’ve just been…. different recently.”

“What do you mean different?” I ask, now intrigued by his comment.

“She is all you talk about. It doesn’t matter where we go, all I hear is ‘Mags would like this’ or ‘I wish Mags was here’ or ‘I wonder what Mags is doing’. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing.”

“So what if she’s all I talk about? She’s my girlfriend!” I point out.

“Damnit T,” Dave sighs, chuckling a little. “Stop getting so defensive. I’m just saying that you’re different because of her. She has changed you…. for the better. It’s a compliment, take it.”

“Then why are you giving me so much grief about my relationship?”

“I’m not giving you grief, T. You know that.”

I sit down on the edge of the bed in the hotel room that we Dave and I are sharing. This whole conversation is stupid and pointless. I’m not eaten up. I’m not suffering from separation anxiety. There’s nothing wrong with me.

“Look, I’m sorry.” I finally speak up after period of silence. “I just always feel like I’m getting prodded at about my relationships.”