Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

It’s Saturday morning, a few days after I returned from the United Kingdom. School will start in a week and I will begin to have a life again. The summers are nice to have off, however I enjoy having responsibility and deadlines. As crazy as high school kids are, I miss their spunk and fun. They tend to keep life more interesting anyways.

My birthday was only three days ago and I think I'm still suffering from a mild hangover. I always drink more in the presence of that particular group of people and that night was no exception. Being that it was my birthday, shots were free flowing all around and I lost count after ten. I do remember the band playing and they did great as always.

The rest of the night is a blur, however I do remember suggestively dancing with Taylor and I may or may not have kissed him in front of everyone…who knows. Regardless, the night will go down in history as one of the best and I wouldn’t have spent it any other way.

News has spread about Taylor and I being together and as much as I was expecting the scrutiny and teasing from everyone, so far there hasn’t been any. Being in London allowed me to clear my head from all of the distractions of home. My mind wasn’t clouded with my past just as it had been every other time before. It felt freeing to be relieved of the burden I had been carrying for so many years. I’m hoping that it will continue to carry on now that I’m back home.

My younger sister, Gianna and I were getting coffee together to play catch up. She and her husband, Drew have been traveling the world the past two months after his band had recently broken up.

With only three years separating us, my sister and I have always been close. We were the only two kids that our parents had after they found out they couldn't have children. Miraculously, they were able to conceive both of us.

We grew up with similar friend circles and interests. We hardly every fought and considered each other best friends. She met Drew around the same time that I married Josiah. They just recently got married a few months ago in a lavish ceremony here in Los Angeles.

About five years ago, our parents were in a horrific accident that took both of their lives. Horrified by their death and with other family left, we turned to each other. We became each other’s support system, depending on each other for everything. She means more to me now than she ever has and I could not be more grateful.

I walk into my favorite, non-chain coffee shop and order my drink. I take a seat by the window and people watch. Gianna walks in and I wave her over. I stand up and give her a hug.

“I’ve missed you so much.” She cries squeezing me tight.

“I have too. How was Europe? How was the world?” I ask as we sit down.

“It was amazing.” She gushes. “We had a great time.”

“I’m so glad you guys decided to go. It was the best thing Josiah and I ever did.” I explain as I briefly reminisce on my own trip around the world. We were fortunate to have seen so much in a short amount of time and nothing compares to traveling with your loved one. It’s exhilarating to be able to experience everything with them.