Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

“Holy shit, you are awful at this.” I gripe in pain.

The water in our bath grew cold rather quickly which prompted us to get out. I conveniently stole Taylor’s shirt to wear, leaving him with just his shorts. Well hot damn, he doesn’t have another one to wear. Too bad. I guess I’ll just have to deal with his shirtless chest all night. What a shame.

I giggled to myself as Taylor rolled his eyes, realizing my plan. I found a clean pair of underwear and slipped those on as well. We both slid in bed, exhausted from the long day each of us had. Now, Taylor has offered to massage my shoulders. I happily complied, lying down face first on the bed.

“Now who’s the baby?” He smirks. That little shit.

I turn my head to side and grunt as it hits a tender spot, “Shut the fuck up.”

“Hey now. That’s not a way to treat your boyfriend.”

“Oh, I can show you how I treat my boyfriend.” I huff.

He stops his motions, his mouth practically watering in anticipation. “You do?”

I crack a smile and turn my head to the other side, away from him. “Is all you think about sex?”

He seems to think about this for a second. He replies sheepishly, “Not all the time.”

“Mhm.”

He soon realizes that I’m not going to do anything for him and returns to massaging my shoulders. There are so many knots lining my shoulder blades that need to be worked out and even though it hurts, I know it needs to be done.

“So how do you feel about Gianna being pregnant? Didn’t they just get married?”

“Like six months ago! You went with me, don’t you remember?” I exclaim. “I think it’s pretty soon, but she’s always wanted kids.”

“Oh yeah, I remember now. Didn’t your aunt get super drunk and hit on all of Drew’s family?”

I laugh despite the pain coursing through my back, “Yes! I forgot about that.”

“She’s a hoot.”

“That she is.”

We both fall silent, enjoying the quiet. It’s nice to be friends with someone who doesn’t always feel the need to fill the silence. Sometimes it’s just nice to be alone in your own thoughts. I was starting to drift off, when Taylor speaks up. I can tell, even without looking at him, that he is hesitant.

“Do you want kids?” He asks.

“Of course I do.” I smile, turning my head to face him again. “Not right now, but one day.”