Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Taylor’s POV

Everything about this night has felt unreal. Right now, I’m lying in bed, holding Mags in my arms. As cheesy as it sounds, it’s almost a dream come true. To have the person that you have loved for so long, express their feelings to you, and to find out they feel the same way… it is unreal. She wants to be with me. That’s something I thought I would have never hear her say.

She looked absolutely stunning tonight. She never wears dresses. I can count maybe on two hands how many times I have seen her in one. Every time, my heart practically leaps out of my chest. Tonight was no exception. From the moment she opened the door to her apartment, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. I stole glances of her all night.

As much as I want to pin her up to the nearest wall, press my body into hers, and kiss her until her lips are blue, I know that I have to be patient. I need to suppress my sexual desires, for now, and concentrate on being her best friend or dare I say boyfriend.

It was extremely comforting and gratifying to find out that she wants to be with me. That she wants to make what’s happening between us real. However, I’m not sure exactly what she wants out of this. Does she want a relationship? Because I’m pretty sure she told me she’s not ready yet. Will she ever be ready? Josiah died three years ago. I know for a fact that there has not been another guy since him.

The next morning I woke up relatively in the same position I fell asleep in, with the exception that I was laying on my back. Mags is curled up in the crook of my arm, her head lying on my chest. I know that it has to be at least be late morning from the time we went to bed last night.

I can hear the rain outside tapping the roof softly. Every once in a while, I hear a crack of thunder. Mags is scared to death of thunderstorms. It’s almost comical because she is so fearless about so many other things that seem to be twice as terrifying. Dare she ever admit it though, her stubborn ass will never succumb to what she thinks is failure. She puts up a strong front, convincing the world, and sometimes me that she is invincible.

There’s a huge crack of thunder that ripples through the sky that causes her body to shutter in reaction. She mumbles something incoherent and squeezes me tighter. I chuckle lightly and kiss the top of her head. There’s a quiet knock on the door, Jordyn’s face emerging.  

She peaks her head in, then grins widely. She points to Mags and gives me a thumbs up, whispering, “Dave and I have to go, just lock up the house before you leave.”

I nod my head in agreement. She disappears out of the room and I thought she left, before I hear a familiar set of heavy footing coming closer. I roll my eyes, bracing myself for the teasing I am about to endure. Just as I thought, Dave pokes his head in, Jordyn right behind him. I’m telling you, they’re worse than a bunch of teenagers.

He gives me a toothy grin, pointing to Mags and giving me a thumbs up, similar to what Jordyn did. Without giving me time to respond, he cocks his head motioning to Mags and I, mouthing the words, “Are you together?”

I flip him off and shoo the two of them out of the room. They giggle and turn around to leave. Once I hear them exit the house, I let out the breathe of air I didn't realize I was holding. I must have been lost in thought because I feel a cold hand slip up my shirt.

I flinch instinctively, “Holy shit, you’re hands are cold.”

Mags lifts her head up, giving me a devilish grin. Wordlessly, she slips her other hand up my shirt, maintaining eye contact with me. “Good morning.” She whispers.

“Morning,” I mumble. “I could get used to this.”

“Don’t get too used to it.” She sasses, removing her hands. “Did Dave and Jordyn leave?”