Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Taylor’s POV

Many people often tell me how fortunate I am for the life I have lived. For all of the opportunities that I have been given, to be able to experience what I have been able to. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I have think that I would be able to do what I love to for a living. I have been blessed beyond compare. I am grateful and thankful for each day that I have been given.

Even with all of the successes that I have achieved, there is one thing that I do not have and she is sitting across from me. She is the woman of my dreams, my best friend of ten years, my constant companion and partner in crime. Her flawless beauty is breathtaking. Her athletic ability is far beyond any other girl that I have met.  She has a wicked sense of humor and more knowledge that I ever will.

Mags is one of those people that everyone wants to be friends with. She gives off this aura of confidence, never doubting herself in anything she does. She has a warm personality that attracts the young and the old, the women and the men. She can be one of the boys and jam all day with us. Or she can be Jordyn’s best friend, comparing which color to paint a room or how to decorate it.

I knew, for a fact, that the day she married Josiah, was a mistake. Not for her though, she was head over heels in love with him. He was equally infatuated with her, yet so was I. I have been in love with her since we were kids. However, I let my insecurities and fear of being rejected prohibit me from telling her how I really feel.

She has been through hell. She has endured what I could never imagine. Her bravery is unbelievable and her courage is unfathomable. She had made the most of every situation and never takes anything for granite. She would do anything for anyone.

A second chance is what I feel like I have been given, another opportunity to tell her how much she means to me. Maybe this time I’ll be able to get it right. I took a gamble kissing her the first time, for fear of what she would do and how she would react. I ran away, too scared to see my rejection. I was, and still am terrified that she will turn me down.

Now, she is sitting in front of me giving me a small smile. Her cheeks are starting to redden, a habit of hers that I find endearing, but she finds rather annoying. I don’t see it often, mostly because I’m not the one who causes it. But now is different. Now, she is blushing because of me.

My heart skips a beat as I move closer to her. Her eyes flutter close and I take one last breathe before placing my lips on hers. My hands gradually find their way to her waist, in an attempt to bring her closer to me. I need to touch her. I need to know that this is all real.

She kisses me back and I relish the moment, grinning against her lips. Nothing has ever made me feel more alive and I’m longing for it to last forever.

Magdalena’s POV

“Christopher!” I exclaim, watching him walk up to me, a huge smile on his face. “My favorite person in the world!”

We were having dinner at a local, family owned, best-Italian-food-in-the-world joint to talk about his engagement plans. I was and still am over the moon for him and I can’t wait to hear what he has to say. He informed me ahead of time that he had picked out a ring and he wanted to know my approval.

He shakes his head, laughing, “I thought Taylor was, or even Jordyn.”

I grin and give him a hug, “They’re a close second.”

We take a seat towards the back, by a window. The restaurant is fairly quiet with only a few other customers scattered throughout. Chris orders us some wine and the waiter gladly pours us two glasses.