Chapter 15: Conversation

It was catching up to him, that since that day. He knew you wouldn't speak to him, the nightmare. Sportacus watched you, enjoying the park, by the tree. Resting, yet inside he wanted to know what was wrong. Before he could even make a move, his crystal started beeping, he looked over at you. You nodded at him, he ran. You on the other hand, really wanted to tell him. Than again...no it was a stupid idea. Maybe..it was worth a shot. It wasn't long til he showed up, Robbie came over to you. Helping you help, you wondered what happened.

"Where's Sportacus?"

"Down by the beach, he ask me to keep you company." that was nice of him.

"Can we go to your place? There's something I have to tell you." he only nodded. It wasn't far til you got to his place. Sitting in the chair, while he went to get some water. He walked back and gave it you, taking it and drinking from it. It must of been something on your mind, considering how you drank the water so fast. Setting it on the table not far from you. You bit your lip, you hope 'he' wouldn't hear you. Maybe being down here would be a good thing. Robbie sat next to you, least you knew the chair was bigger for the both of you to fit.

"Something wrong?" you looked at him.

"Just promise me you won't tell, Sportacus..he can't find out.." must be serious if you are keeping it away from your mate. He nodded. "When I was with Sportacus to his home, we sort of..well I sort of met his old rival. And well those two aren't on best terms..but.."

"But what?" he was worried.

"He wants me..he wants to make Sportacus suffer. And if I told him about my dream a few days ago about this, he would do something bad.." you hold yourself together, you were terrified, cautiously checking if the baby was still there, unharmed. Robbie only hold you, calming you down. You started feeling your tears escaping. You hated not telling Sportacus, you hated lying. "I can't do anything!"

"He won't get you, not when I'm here." sounding brave, you only looked at him. "Though he will find out."

"He can't..for my sake." he only nodded, before moving his hand to your stomach, feeling the kick. He smiled softly.

"Even he seems worried." you felt it and knew, but you put on a happy smile, whispering to the little one.

"Mothers here, my sweet child."

~

And so Robbie took you home, keeping your secret from the elf would be tricky, but Robbie made a promise. Waving goodbye and heading inside your home, you smelled something..delicious. Walking to the kitchen, you saw Sportacus cooking away.

"Hello, what's all this?" you asked, sitting down on the stool. Sportacus finished chopping up the carrots, while placing them in boiling water. Then he flipped the fish over, setting it simmer. He looked over at you, before placing a plate in front of you. Looking down, it was sliced up apples.

"I figure I cook tonight." there had to be another reason, but you didn't mind not cooking for once. Taking a piece of apple and eating it, you smiled at him.

"That's very sweet of you, Sportacus." he continue to cook as you watch, his amazing tricks and talents shine. In a matter of minutes everything was done, staring down at the plate, while he sat down across from you. It was a nice season fish, carrots boiled and some fresh salad, mixed with light dressing. Taking a bite out of the fish, your eyes widen. "It's delicious." he smiled, digging in. The whole time eating, you went back for thirds and finished. He stayed with you, yet he knew something was up. Now wasn't really the time to ask, you were smiling like there was nothing wrong. Maybe he was wrong.

"How was your day with Robbie?"

"Same as always...hey..can I ask you something?" he nodded. "Since you can't be with me when I give birth, and I'm really scared without knowing you aren't there. Can Robbie be your replacement?" you asked Robbie about this and he simply said yes, but you hope Sportacus will allow it. Sportacus crossed his arms, looking down, thinking. It's a shame that he couldn't be there for the birth of his son. Yet, he looked up at you. This was you, his mate, looking straight into your eyes. He trusted Robbie enough with this, he was his friend and now godfather to his child. It's the least he could do.

"Yes. When the time comes, I will let them know he is allowed to be there." you only smiled at him, it was a sign of relief. With both of you getting up, he wash the dishes as you went to your studio. You began to paint, anything of what it was you didn't know what it would be, least its calming you down a bit. Looking back and staring at it, you placed the brush down. Crossing your arms, something was missing, but you didn't know what. Hearing the sound of footsteps, you didn't look back. You knew who it was, feeling his arms wrapped around you, his head resting on the top of your head, while his hands caressed your stomach, you felt the kick, the baby was happy. You wondered if the baby can sense him. You smiled to yourself.

"It beautiful." you only chuckled.

"It's not even finished. Something is missing and I don't know what?" he looked at it even more, surrounded by a pond, it was raining, trees were all around, yet a statue was in the middle of the pond. It looked almost familiar.

"This..is my home.."

"Yeah..it was when.." you gulped a little. "The scenery looked beautiful, it's been stuck in my mind for quite some time. This here.." you pointed to the statue of the woman. Sportacus bit his lower lip, you felt it once before.You looked at him, before looking down at you.

"The statue is the mother of all elves that were created or so the legend says."

"So it's a special place than?" he nodded.

"I think it's perfect the way it's setup." you smiled at him, before reaching your head up to kiss him on the cheek.

"You really think so?" he nodded.

"I wouldn't change a thing."