Chapter 13: Just Being with You

"Ipro, you wanted to speak to us?" Given some thought as he carried the box inside his airship. You were sitting on the bed, just watching the two of them. Ipro set the box down on the bed, handing it to you. You took it and placed it on your lap, Sportacus sat next to you, before opening it. You looked at it, the fabric was non other than a dusted yellow, age even. Lifting it up, feeling your fingers against it, it was more of a scarf.

"You had this..all this time.." Before you even realized it, you looked over at the painting, seeing number 9. You remembered, around his neck.

"It was time, your little one should have it."

"I thought it got ruin, I search and search."

"It's the last remain of my son. I couldn't part with it, yet.." his eyes focused on you. "The child should have it." Sportacus got up and hugged his grandfather. Ipro returned the hug as he could feel his nephew hugging him tightly.

"Thank you." They broke the hug, before looking at you. Smiling away at the both of them, it's a generous gift, a family heirloom. Just imagining the baby wearing it as it gets older, you couldn't help, but find it adorable.

"Now.." moving away from his nephew, he moved to you, sitting on the bed, he lifted your chin up, staring into his eyes. He was focusing on you. "Don't blink." before you even know what was happening. Your eyes widen a bit, in a trance you were. Sportacus only watched.

"What are you looking for?" Ipro never answered. His only focus was the child, sensing it, he moved away. You finally were able to blink and wonder what this was about.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, now right now. Just keep doing what you're doing." he moved away from you and looked over at his nephew. Before whispering low enough just for Sportacus to hear. Speaking in their tongue, you wondered what they said, must be an old language. Sportacus looked at you, seeing his grandfather leaving. You only looked back at him.

"Is he okay?"

"Yes, but.." he moved over to you, looking down at you. You tilted your head to the side.

"But what?"

"Is everything okay? Any thoughts? Mix feelings? Something bothering you that you can't explain?" where was all this coming from? You shook your head, though there was something, but you didn't think it was an issue.

"Just peachy is all. Why?" he never answered.

"Nothing."

"Well..anyway want to go somewhere?" you asked, hoping to change the subject. He nodded. Sportacus lifted you up and placed your feet on the ground. You swayed a little, but he held onto you. Helping you down from the airship, your feet touch the ground. Looking over at him, he took your hand and began to walk.

"Was there a place you wanted to go?" he asked. You nodded.

"The old oak tree?" he smiled before heading over there. It was nice and sunny on this day. Feeling the breeze against your face, it was comforting. It took awhile to head over to the tree, he helped you sit on the ground, taking your shoes off, letting your feet touch the soft green grass. You didn't know why, but it felt good. Almost like being at the beach feeling the sand in between your toes. Sportacus sat besides you, you leaned back against the tree, stretching your legs out, crossing them. Sportacus leaned close to you, just being here alone, together. It was peaceful, he looked over at you, before setting his hand on your stomach. He began to talk,

"It's your father, Ithro." he felt the kick, you looked around, hopefully not seeing the children. You took his hat off, his ears were free and you began to play with his blonde locks, massaging them. Sportacus continue talking. "Your mother is here too."