Chapter 26

Niall walks down the hallway of the dorm rooms and finally enters his own, shutting the door behind him. He shuts his eyes and leans against the door, his satchel falling onto the ground followed by him sitting with his legs spread out. He let out a large sigh completely unsure if he was happy or maybe sad. Sure it was a bit mad that he was dating his teacher, and sure he found that a bit weird but that wasn't the problem he'd found.

Niall always imagined that when time would come for him to get a gorgeous boyfriend like Harry, he'd be the happiest he'd ever be, but that wasn't the case. He felt gutted knowing that eventually the two would end their relationship and that reason was more than likely going to be caused by Niall. Niall was also worried that if Harry found out about his diet then he would end it then and there.

Niall stands up and collects himself. Whenever Niall's emotions were buzzing like this he liked to clean, which is what he did. He cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen. He even made his and Liam's beds as well as organizing both their closets and making sure that the shoes were set into pairs, instead of tossed randomly about. He scrubbed things such as the toilet, the counter tops, and a few shelves, he even organized the fridge the way his mum had taught him-- speaking of which.

He had felt the familiar buzz in his back pocket that repeatedly went on, after pulling it out he looked at the front and answered almost instantly after he had seen who was calling.

"Mum?" He says, almost hardly audible.

"Hey love."

Niall smiles happy to hear his mum call him that again.

"Is everything alright?" Niall asks realizing that this was the first time he'd hear from his mum since he'd left.

"Everything's fine." She replies. "I just wanted to talk to you and let you know how your dad's doing."

Niall walks over and sits on the couch, allowing his mum to continue talking.

"Currently he's still a bit... mad, but he's much better." She explains. "The doctors that are trying to make him better told me that he has a case of Schizophrenia."

"Doesn't that make you hear voices or something?" Niall questions..

"That's exactly what it is." She continues. "The good news is that your father only has a very small affect of that. He told the doctors that the reason why he was so aggressive was that the 'voices' would tell him that he wasn't appreciated, and the only way to show the family that he was in charge was to show us just how powerful he could be."

"And the way to show us that was by hurting us." Niall finishes for her.

"Exactly."

"Well is he getting better?"

"Much better." Maura assures. "He's taking this medicine and attending groups that allow him to make those voices kind of die out. The doctors say that in some sessions he's even realizing that the voices aren't even there at all and that their only figure's of his imagination."

"That's good." Niall confirms. "How are you?"

The conversation went on like that. Maura told Niall how her new job is and how great Greg is doing at University with his football scholarship, and when Maura asks how well school was for Niall, it was a bit hard lying straight to his mum. He had told her that he had made loads of friends around the dorm rooms and that his studies were going great with all the study dates he had been with. It hurt Niall that his mum actually believed him.

"Are you coming down for Winter break?"

"I hadn't really thought about it all that much." Niall responds. "Would you like me to?