Chapter XXIV

A/N:*Hiya guys. I've been updating real slow on purpose because I'm giving time to all my new readers so that they could catch up on the newly updated chapters. I hope you'll never get sick of waiting for updates. If you've made it this far, then congratulations! You're already more than halfway through the story. :) Please listen to the music on the right side of the chapter (All Time Low - Six Feet Under The Stars) when it comes to the part when Terri and Jack meets. I'll tell you when that would be. :) 

Vote, fan, comment! :D

Jack's Point of View

"Please, sir." I was literally close to tears as I could feel my voice choke and tremble. "Please, I really need to do this." "No," Mr. Amess said for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day, his lips pursed and his look stern. "Don't get so comfortable just because I've forgiven you a few days ago. I still don't trust you, and I wouldn't even think about letting all of what you've done to my daughter go if it wasn't for Alex. If it was me, I would've thought Alex would make a better guy for my daughter than you would." 

I could feel my whole body stiffen as I fall onto the floor, my body seemed to have refused to function. A sob escaped my mouth, unexpectedly, and I tried to cover my mouth with my hands, but now tears were starting to escape from my eyes as well. I shut my eyes tight, unable to breathe. I don't know why my body is acting like this, it's like his words were enough to pierce me, because I know more than he does that it's true. 

I don't deserve someone as perfect as Terri. 

"Please, I really need to do this, I need to or I won't," I could feel myself choke up, as my breathing was starting to get heavy from all the suppressed depression I've been desperately trying to hide. "I won't forgive myself." 

 -x-

Terri's Point of View

"Come on, Terri. Cheer up. Aren't you happy you're finally going home?" I could hear my father say as he pulled me via wheelchair towards the car. I wanted to be happy, like he asked me to, I really did. I woke up to Alex by my side, which lets me know that we're finally okay. And he took care of me, he provided me company, and he bought me Starbucks every Sunday so that he could share that tradition with me again. But none of this lessened the feeling that was haunting me since I regained consciousness.

The feeling of missing Jack. 

The ride home was nothing but empty, I didn't know I could feel this bad without him, but now I know how much it sucks and I honestly don't want to feel it anymore. I lean my head back to the car seat, feeling a fresh wave of tears threatening themselves to fall on my face. I just want to go home, forget I ever met Jack and wait for me to die. 

The car swerved on the right, making me jolt forward. "Dad?" I felt myself screaming a bit loudly out of shock. "In case you didn't notice, we're not supposed to turn right." I tried to keep the sarcasm out of my voice, I honestly tried to, but the confusion is failing me to do so. I could see my dad smirk from the side mirror, undistracted. "I think I know what I'm doing, sweetheart." He replied back, keeping his tone casual, but just as  sarcastic. "Really? Because it didn't seem to me like you do." I deadpanned, a smile tugging on my lips. I remember this. Way back when my mother was still alive, Dad and I talk to each other like the way we do now. Ever since mother died, we've barely had any conversations like these. We've barely even had a conversation. 

"Terri?" I could hear my dad say, his eyes not leaving the road. I hummed absent mindedly, letting him know I was listening.

"I love you, sweetheart." 

I could feel my eyes hurting, making me look down. My arms are getting hot and wet, my tears can't stop falling from shock. My dad had been nothing but distant. Never had he told me he loved me ever since my mother died, too. It's like all his feelings slowly faded away, as if they died with her. "I love you too, Dad." I sniffled, laughing in embarrassment for crying over something that looked so small.