Chapter XXV

A/N: Words can not express how you guys are making me so happy right now. When I first started this fanfictin, all I had in mind was to write a story that would please Terri A mess, because this fan fiction was for her to begin with. I NEVER imagined that this fanfiction would get me this far and I never thought people would be so kind enough to get this to a hundred votes. I know that may not seem to much for you, but it means s the world to me because I myself found love in writing this, and I'm so happy that you feel the same way reading it. I was too afraid to continue this because I didn't honestly want it to end, but I'm delaying this far too much. Please, enjoy. :)

Terri's Point of View

"Oh my God. I can't do this. I can't."

I felt my heart palpitating as I paced around the hotel room. I glanced at the bouquet nervously. It was filled with Carnation, my favorite flower, and it screamed beautiful with its rainbow colors. It was breathtaking, it was beautiful, and it was the only thing missing from my outfit; aside from the translucent, white veil that was in Lisa's (Alex's new girlfriend) possession.

I turned around and checked myself in the mirror for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day. Light makeup covered my face, and I could've looked great if I still looked normal and healthy. Instead, I looked like a dead man walking. Literally. 

I coughed hysterically, covering my mouth with my hand to muffle the sound. My chest felt like it was burning and I couldn't breathe. With my heart pounding with dread, I slowly took my hand out and stared at it, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders as crimson fluid trickled down my palm and onto the floor.

I can't do this. 

Tears stung my eyes as I ran for the door, not caring if my three inch heels were killing me. I opened the knob and turned left, not even sure where to go anymore. I was selfish to say yes to Jack. I was just so in love with him that moment that I thought my condition didn't matter; his future didn't matter. And now everything was starting to slap me in the face, taunting me, telling me I was stupid to say yes.

A hand pulled me back, making me stumble into a careless, warm hug. 

His familiar scent overwhelmed my senses, making me bury my head on his chest and cry my guts out before I even looked up to see who it was. "Hey, hey, hey." I heard him say softly as he nuzzled his head on mine. "Why's my baby girl crying?". I wanted to pull away in disgust and punch him, and maybe even call him a pussy for calling me his "baby girl". But right now, I wanted to stay like this, all I need right now is the comfort of my best friend. 

"Alex, I'm scared." I wailed out, though it was muffled by his coat. "Scared?" Alex repeated, and I know he was trying his best not to smile. "Why would you be scared on your special day?" My throat felt dry, unsure of what to say to him. Finally, with a tear falling from my eye, I said, "Alex, I'm going to die soon." 

Alex's body stiffened, and I started to instantly regret saying those words. After a few minutes, he sighs, pulling me back from him and running his hand on my cheeks. "I know." he told me, his voice surprisingly calm.  "I can't do this, Alex. Not to you guys. Not to Jack. I can't - why would he even think about marrying me?" Alex pulled me tighter as I cried hard on his chest. "God, you're really dense, you know that?" I heard him chuckle softly as he tapped me twice on the head. "You know, if I had my way, I would be the one waiting for you at the end of the aisle." he suddenly said, chuckling softly as he played with my hair.

"Wh - What?" I stuttered, watching as my best friend dried my tears with his thumb. "I was so in love with you, Terri." he admitted, biting the bottom of his lip. "That's why I was so upset that you and Jack were finally getting along, way beyond how I wanted you guys to. I was so afraid that you'd forget about me and everything we had together. And to be honest," he sighed, and I could see that his bottom lip was starting to get sore from all the biting. "To be honest, I don't care that you have cancer. If I had it my way, I'm still going to marry you. And you know why?"

I stared at him, my heart pounding in my chest from nausea and information overload. After forcing my dry throat to function, I finally asked, "Why?" 

"Because love is stronger than death. It will always be. I love you more than I would fear death, and you know what? I'm sure Jack feels the same way. So go back there, get your shit back up, and show us that your love for him is stronger than death itself."