Chapter XIV

A/N: Another filler chapter. I am SO sorry. But in order for the story to progress, I kinda need to write this. I'm really thankful for the people who voted and commented on this story. I'm really looking for a bit more inspiration, and there you guys come along. Thank you so much. All Time Low featuring Vic Fuentes - A Love Like War!!! Who's heard it? OMG. I DIED. <3.

Jack's Point of View

"You know I can't be put to rest if you didn't sing me the song, princess." I held Rian's hand and tried to look as desperately in love as I can. We stared into each other intensely, before I decided to drop his hand to scratch the back of my head.

"So, how do I sound?"

"Like a total idiot." Rian said, and burst out laughing. "I can't believe you'd be the main star of this stupid play, Jack. The drama club fucking sucks." "I didn't really volunteer for this job now, did I?" I groaned as I swatted my head with the script. "If I don't fucking do this shit right, Kellin'd get my head stuffed and hung in his wall."

"You've got to admit though, the story of that play you're going to be in is a bit better than all the play the drama club's ever written." Rian said, shrugging innocently when I gave him a withered look. It felt like a wrong choice bringing Rian over so that I could practice on my line, 'cause we spend almost half the day just laughing and making fun of this stupid script. I'm not saying that he's not making me feel any better, but if I do want to get out of that stupid principal's detention, I have to take this seriously. I haven't even memorized half of these pages, and the first day of practice starts tomorrow.

"Alright. Sorry, man. This isn't helping." I finally confessed to him, laughing as he pretended to look butthurt. I slammed the papers off the table and headed towards our garage. "Dude, just ask some help from those drama club geeks tomorrow." Rian suggested as he followed after me. I could feel myself recoil in disgust. "Whatever, man. Let's just do something else." I dismissed the conversation lazily as I picked my guitar up from the right side of the garage. I looked up and saw Rian with his hands already playing with his drumsticks, a huge grin on his face. I guess you'd say we both know where this would lead to.

Terri's Point of View

"No offense, Alex. But if you don't stop following me around all day, I'm going to have to hit you where it hurts."

Alex chuckled as he ruffled my hair, but I could still see the concern in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Terri. I'm just worried something might happen to you." he smiled apologetically. I sighed. I know Alex meant well, but him hanging around all day is starting to get really uncomfortable for me. "Classes are already done, okay? I need my private space, Alex, and you're kind of destroying it." I snapped, instantly regretting it when I saw how hurt he was. "I'm sorry, Lex." I quickly apologized. Alex pulled on a tight smile as he pulled me in for a hug. "It's okay. I'm sorry, too. Just text me when you want to hang out after your club activity, okay?". I winced at the words, "club activity", but nodded anyways. Alex and I pulled away from our hug, and Alex kissed me on the forehead before heading towards the hallways.

I sighed. Well, this is it.

I made a sharp left turn towards our auditorium. From far away, I could see a guy with black hair standing centimeters towards the door, his hands on the doorknob. I felt a smile play along my lips as I slowly approached him. I could see his hands were slightly shaking, he's obviously new around here. "Hey," I said. "Is this your first time here? You look scared.".

I could see him flinch as I got nearer. "Uhm... Yeah." he replied without even looking at me. There was something really familiar with his voice, like I've heard of it before. Was he really that scared? I chuckled as I patted him on the back. "Hey, it's okay. It's my first time too. Want to go in together?" I offered. I wasn't really the type to interact, I was more of an introvert, but there was something about him that made me want to be this kind.

"You wouldn't want to do that." he replied, turning around, and I bit back a gasp.

His dark eyes stared at me soullessly, as if he was expecting me to throw something hateful at him, which I want to but I, I can't move. I felt my mouth hang open in surprise, a chill ran down on my spine but all I can do was stare at him, emotions were mixing in and I'm starting to feel nauseous because of it.

"I - I'll go ahead." Jack volunteered before I could even reply, pushing the door open, leaving me to gather my composure outside the auditorium. I felt my chest heave uneasily, making me want to throw up.

Why is he here? Why is he joining the play? Why can't he just leave me alone?

With shaking hands, I pulled out my phone and dial Alex's number. He immediately picked up on the third ring. "Hello, Terri?" he replied, his voice was shaking. "Alex," I stammered, my lips were quivering. "Jack's here."

"What did he do?" Alex immediately spat, alarm was wrapped in his voice.

"N - Nothing." I immediately replied. Why was I defending him?

I could feel Alex calm down a little, his voice was back to normal. "Do you want me to pick you up?" he offered.

A part of me desperately wanted Alex to pick me up and get me away from this place, but a part of me wanted to stay and see how things are going to turn out. You can just ignore him, a voice inside me said. "No." I finally decided. "They - They need me here, Alex. I'll just call you if anything happens." "Alright," Alex agreed, although reluctantly. "I'll see you, Terri.". I clicked the phone shut and turned towards the door, taking a deep breath before pushing the door open.

Here goes nothing.

"Terri!" A familiar scream immediately welcomes me, and I was suddenly wrapped around a really tight hug, suffocating me. "Hey, Chelsie." I managed to sputter out. Chelsie pulled back with a soft chuckle, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and guiding me to where all the drama club members are. "Hey guys. Meet one of the main stars of our show, Terri."

Everyone else but Jack greeted me with warm "Nice to meet you"s and "Hello"s, but he remained frozen at the spot, staring at me with wide eyes. I decided to ignore it, greeting the other people back as they told me their names, which honestly, I didn't even bother to remember. After the introduction was done, Chelsie then cleared her throat. "We're seated depending on our roles, so you'll be sitting beside Jack." she told me with a smile.

A chill immediately runs towards my spine. "W - Why would I be sitting next to Jack?" I stuttered, and turned towards him. His eyes were still boring into me in shock.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot to inform you." Chelsie looked at me apologetically. "You two are the main characters of the play."