Chapter II

Terri's Point of View

I brushed my hair, my gaze never leaving the mirror's. I watched as my hair fell back to my waist. I've never really cut my hair since my mother's death. I sighed, hoping to forget the memory; and stood up to examine my clothing. For tonight's dinner, I wore a shirt with long sleeves, covering my arms as it ends just below my wrists. Bangles and bracelets covered my right wrist. The words "Keep Calm And Join The Black Parade" are imprinted on the middle front of my shirt, and I had navy jeans and black converse to go with it. I didn't look stylish, or girly, or whatever like most girls do, but I don't really plan to, and I don't care.

"Terri!" My father's voice called from downstairs. "Mr. Barakat and his family are here!"

I stood up, fixing my fringes in place, and left the room.

Jack's Point of View

I adjusted my tie with a stupid scowl on my face.

It was just a stupid, fucking dinner with my neighbors, but mom insisted that I wear a coat and tie, just for the sake of formality. In all honesty, I fucking hated it. It's not who I am, and I don't really give a damn about my neighbors. It's just some random dad with his daughter, what's there to be formal about? I gave a sigh as I turned the knob, leaving the bathroom.

"I just called my daughter. She'll be here in a few minutes." Mr. Amess informed me with a courteous smile on my face and I nodded, imitating his expression. "Now, Jack. I want you to know that Terri is a really shy person. I want you to be really, really nice to her. Show her around, give her a taste of what Baltimore's all about." My mother reminded me, and I nodded.

The footsteps on the staircase made us all look up. A girl just about my age with brown hair and blue eyes met my sight.

Terri's Point of View

"Terri, I told you to wear something formal." My father hissed when I've went downstairs and met him. I shrugged, despite his displeasure, and just carried on with meeting Mr. and Mrs. Barakat. Honestly speaking, there's no point in trying so hard to think they are who they'd expect me to be. There's nothing to expect, I'm just a normal, dull girl who moved in this lousy neighborhood; just to escape all the memories that haunts me.

"It's finally nice to meet you, Terri. I'm Joyce." Mrs. Barakat said as she pulled me in to a hug, much to my surprise. She pulled back quite early, nodding to a guy about my age wearing a suit. "And this Is Jack, my son.". Jack, the guy with black hair and yellow streaks which kinds of remind me of a skunk, flashes a friendly grin at me. "Nice to meet you, Terri.". I gave him a noticeable tight smile, I hate it when people get too friendly with me. "Nice to meet you too."

"Okay, now that you've met each other, how about dinner?" My dad said, giving me a cue to turn away from the Barakat family and straight to the dining table.

This is going to be a long night.

Jack's Point of View

This girl.

Terri, or whoever the fuck she is.

She's fucking pissing me off.

I speared the lasagna with my fork, trying not to exert much force so that my parents won't notice hwo irritated I am. Terri was sat opposite to me over dinner, while her father sat next to him. Mr. Amess and my parents were really hitting it off, laughing and kidding around; ignoring Terri and I. Being the obedient son that I was supposed to be, I tried talking and trying to find out some stuff about Terri. This was supposed to be an easy task for me, but the only fucking problem that ruined everything, is that the bitch doesn't even want to talk to me.

Fine. I thought as I put the lasagna in my mouth. If she doesn't want to, then I won't have to fucking bother.

"... My daughter can paint really amazing pictures. She's been taking electives in school such as 'Visual Arts' and 'Creative Writing' in her previous school..."

I watched as Terri slowly glared at her father, obviously not wanting him to bring that up. An idea reached into my mind, and fought an urge to pull out my evil grin. "Hey," I said, catching Terri's attention. "You can paint? That's interesting! Can you show me your work right now?" I requested.

As expected, a scowl formed into her lips. She clearly didn't want me to see her work, but that's exactly why I asked her to. If she's going to be this hard on me then I don't see any reason why I should make life a bit harder for her.

If you want to think of it as "Payback", you may.

She stood up, despite the fact that she hadn't finished her dinner yet; gave me a good long glare, before saying "Follow me." in the most steadiest voice she could muster.