•Chapter 3•

Harry's POV

"You look handsome." My mother tells me. She made me wear a white dress shirt with dark jeans and my boots. I just wanted to where a black shirt but she said i had to look presentable.

"Thanks. Um do you think if the dinner ends early I can go to the party?" I ask her. I really would like to go to meet new people. I feel like this is this is the moment for me to do that.

Also I really want to see Abby. Maybe I can get to know her there. The only thing stopping me from doing that is thin stupid dinner I'm dreading. I don't even know the student that goes to that school. Is it another senior like me? Or a freshman.

"Im not sure sweetie. Well see when we get there." She tells me. She grabs her keys and starts heading outside waiting for me to go so she can lock the door.

On our way to our dinner I cant help but think about Abby. I know I might sound so obsessed with her but I just want to know her better. Like why she is how she is. Is she hiding the real her?

Thinking about her makes time past by because we end up in a house that looks like a mansion. This house is like ten times bigger than our house. These people are rich.

We walk out the car and go to the huge front doors and ring the doorbell.

Seconds later a lady and man come out with a big smile on their face. They almost look like those fake people. I wonder who their child is.

"Hi! Welcome I'm John Gilbert and this is my wife Michelle Gilbert." The man says. Why is the name Gilbert sound so familiar. Oh wait.

"Hi thank you for having us! Im Anne and this is my son Harry." My mother tells them. We exchange hand shakes and then welcome us in.

This house looks like a museum. Many paintings on the wall and everything is so bright. I would get lost living in here.

"So Harry, you're a senior right?" John asks me.

"Yes sir."

"Ah then you must know my daughter I hope." He says. Oh yes.

"Abigail, come down our guests are here!" Michelle calls from downstairs. I hear footsteps coming down from the stairs. Then she comes in view

Those hazel eyes look up and the complete shock on her face shows me she had no idea it would be me coming. She is wearing a gray shirt that meets up with a coral pencil skirt and heels. Her hair is pushed all back in a bun. She looks different. Usually she wears her hair down and its a bit messy and she wears black ripped stuff. Who is this girl standing above the stairs?

"Oh um. Hi." She says walking slowly towards us.

"Sweetie,this is Harry, he's a senior like you." Her mom tells her.

"Yea, I know." She says and her lips form a straight line. Clearly this is awkward for her but for me i couldn't be more excited. Knowing how she is I could've bet she would skip this dinner and go to the party.

"Ok well you kids go outside and us adults will talk in the kitchen until the food is ready." Michelle tells us.

"Mom were not-" she stops talking when her mother gives her a hidden glare.

"Sorry, well be outside." She says then turns around walking towards a hallway.

She opens a door for me and when I step out there is a big pool with a fountain and a huge backyard. These people are insanely rich.

I follow her to a somewhat lounge next to the pool under an umbrella. She sits down and I follow her and sit across from her.

"So how are you?" I ask to try not to make this awkward.