•Chapter 10•

Abby POV

"So you add these and then you multiply them.." Harry keeps talking about how to do math problems that I have trouble on. He sits close to me and points to the paper in front of us and doing some math things and while Im supposed to be learning I do the opposite.

I cant help but notice the way his well formed and stunning lips move when he talks and the look in his eyes which shows how fixed he is right now. Snap out of it my subconscious says.

"Got it?" I hear Harry say snapping me out and back to reality.

"Um yea." I respond rather slowly and then he looks up at me with an unsure expression.

"Cmon Abby, you need to understand this." He responds shamefaced.

"I know, sorry i'm trying but its hard to fully concentrate and I just cant." I say while slumping back in my chair.

"Yes, you can." He says trying to give me hope. I look down and back up at him and just those 3 words make me feel a bit better.

"Lets try again, ok?" He says and gets another sheet of paper and starts writing a problem out. Then he slides it right in front of me with the pencil on top.

I look at the problem and wonder what on earth am I supposed to do.

"Ill go step by step to make it better to understand." He says and starts pointing to the problem and explaining things and for once I am actually paying attention.

After couple more problems and asking questions I think I really do get it. He writes another problem telling me to do it on my own. I look at it and see he gave me a hard one.

"If you get it right I'll give you a treat." He says with a radiant expression.

"Im not a dog." I chuckle.

When I finish the problem I hand the paper to him and he looks over it while furrowing his eyebrows examining it.

"Nice job Abby." He says and finishes with a smile.

"Yes!" I yell cheerfully having hope in myself.

"So wheres my treat?" I ask and smile while sitting back in the chair.

He gets up his chair and walks to the kitchen and and opens the pantry. He comes back and holds his hand behind his back.

"Heres your treat." He says and brings his hand back in front of me and I see a cookie in his hand.

"Wow you really do think Im a dog." I joke and grab the cookie.

"I just didn't know what to get, so yea." He says and sits back down.

After I finish my cookie I ask Harry directions to bathroom and I head there.

When Im done I come back to the table we were working on and see that he had already put my things away in my bag.

"Oh were done already?" I ask him a bit disappointed for some reason.

"Well I mean I would've thought you would already wanted to finish." He responds shyly.

"Oh yea, right. Ok then I guess i'll just go now." I say but comes out more as a question.

While I was dreading coming here with him my time here wasn't so bad. It was fun even though we were doing math.

"You can stay for a while if you want?" He asks while getting up and walking closer to me while rubbing his neck signaling he's getting nervous.

"I mean is that ok with you?" I ask back. I cant believe Im actually considering staying here.

"Yea, its fine." He says and adds a smile.

"Ok." I reply back.

Harry POV

"So uh what do you want to do?" I ask her. I cant seem to form a sentence that wont make her uncomfortable.

"Um I don't know." She responds and looks back down.

Silence fills the room.

"Why don't you tell me more about her." She says quietly. It takes me a couple seconds to realize she is talking about Kate.

"You know i'm starting to think you're jealous of her." I say and she snaps her head up and replies.

"What? No why would I even be jealous?" She scoffs and walks away to the table and sits back down.

"I don't know, just trying to figure out why you want to know about her so much." I say and sit back down the table next to her.

"If you tell me, then I will tell you why I want to know." She says making a deal.

"Ok fine." I say and I open my mouth to talk again.

"We were friends for around 2 years and then I started having feelings for her so I asked her out she said yes and thats how it started. We went out for 6 years and then we broke up. I didn't want to but we had to because I was moving here and we agreed on no long distance. So were back to good friends." I explain. She doesn't seem to satisfied.

"Wait so she didn't do anything bad? You guys never had a big fight?" She asks.

"Well we would have arguments over stupid things. She was always a nice girl." I reply.

"Somethings not right." She says.

"What do you mean?" I asked not really understanding her.

"I mean like every relationship always ends up heart broken but not like a peaceful agreement or shit. Like there always has to be times when they betray you right?"

"Well not all relationships are like that. It depends on the people." I say.

"Ok well talking about relationships is kinda getting me sick so lets talk about something else." She says changing the subject.

"How about you and Liam this morning." I say with a peeved expression.

"Wait what?" Her face fills with astonishment.

"I-I saw you this morning with Liam and I think you know what I mean." I say. Her face is still shock and peeved.

"It is not your business. If you think that all of a sudden I will tell you everything that happens to me you are wrong. What was I thinking?" She snaps. Now were back to this type of communication.

This whole time she has actually been nice and playful and I was starting to think we could be friends. Guess not.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. He's not worth it." I say truthfully.

"Oh right, because you 'care' about me, and what do you know about him." She says and air quotes with her fingers.

"I do care, but I don't mean to be in your business so much." I say softly trying to change the tone of this talk.

"I think I should go now. Why did I even want to stay?" She says and mumbles the last part angrily. I try to come up with something to say but nothing. By the time I know it shes driving away as I look through the window.

I changed the cover so I hope you like it! Please vote and comment and share this story :)