Dinner

Finally it was my turn to see Alfie. Jackie had gone first as I was to nervous but she was nearly done now, I watched as they took a selfie and Jackie walked away. Although I'd had an hour in the que to prepare suddenly I was speechless. "Hi!" Alfie called out. "Hi." I whispered back walking towards him. "Obviously I'm Alfie, what's your name?" Alfie asked. "Lottie." I replied. "Hey Lottie!" Alfie smiled hugging me and as he let go he said "you look familiar." "A couple of weeks ago you replied to my comment. You probably  recognise me from my profile picture. I'm the girl from the children's home." I explained. "Yes that's right. Actually I was hoping you'd be here. Zoe and I have been talking and we were wondering if you'd like to come out to dinner with us tonight, after the meet up. If you write down the number of your care home I'll call later and arrange it with whoever looks after you. If you'd like to, that is. " "I'd love to!" I squealed. "Ok perfect. Zoe and I felt so sorry for you and we thought it may be nice for you to have a night away from the children's home." Alfie explained. "That's so sweet." I cried, tears rolling down my face as I wrote the children's home's number on the back of a scrap of paper I found in my pocket. "Don't cry. Look I have to move on with the meet up but I'll call later. Mean while would you like a selfie?" Alfie asked. I nodded and Alfie posed as I pulled out my phone. 

I spent all evening getting ready. I watched a Zoella makeup tutorial several times before trying to re create the look. After about half an hour I decided I just wasn't as good as her at makeup and just applied a thin layer of foundation set with a powder, then a white  and grey eyeshadow on my eyelids with lots of mascara and  a red lip paint. I wore my only dress which was a black and white polka dot vintage style one with my white kitten heels. I put my hair into a milkmaid braid and finished the look by decorating the braid with mini fake white roses. "Beautiful." Helena remarked. She'd spent the evening talking to Alfie and Zoe and checking that they weren't murders or something in order to let me go to dinner with them. At about 7:00pm I saw Zoe's mini pull up in the drive. I rushed outside to see both of them sat in the mini, smiling. "Hi, Lottie." Zoe smiled. "We've found this great little restaurant just outside Brighton." I couldn't be more excited.