Mark Ferris

I woke up and looked around Poppy and Sean's flat confused. I had a feeling something bad had happened but I couldn't remember what. I climbed off the sofa and began to stretch. "Zoe? Alf..." I began remembering what had happened just before I could finish Alfie's name. I could hear voices coming from the kitchen. "POPPY! SEAN! " I shouted my voice cracking as tears rolled down my face. "Lottie." Amanda smiled emerging from the kitchen. "Sorry did my phone call wake you? Poppy and Sean are at Zo..... Are out. But I'm here if you need to talk." "It's fine." I spluttered between sobs. "Oh sweetie!" Amanda gasped wrapping me in a huge hug. "It'll be ok I promise. Come on, what do you want for breakfast? I remember poppy mentioning something about chocolate chip pancakes." I shook my head. "Where are they now? Zoe and Alfie I mean." "Their at home, do you want to see them?" Amanda asked. "Maybe. What about Mark?" I asked saying the man who's videos I'd watched for forever and now I hateds name through gritted teeth. "He's with them." Amanda admitted. " I'll see Alfie because he did nothing wrong unlike that slut!" I spat. "Now, now Zoe is NOT a slut although I could kill her right about now for hurting my boy. " Amanda said. "I know she isn't.....I s'pose she didn't really do anything wrong except fall in love. "Do you think they're in love?" Amanda asked horrified. I shrugged. "She's gonna leave Alfie so I expect so." "I can't believe Mark would DO this though. I met him and he seemed perfectly lovely." Amanda remembered. Suddenly something clicked in my head. "Yes...yes he is....I need to see Mark!" I gasped suddenly. 

"Hi Lottie." Zoe whispered guiltily. "Hey Zoe.....can I speak to Mark?" I asked breezily not angry at all now I knew what was going on. "Sure " Zoe replied confused. "Hey Lottie." Mark said coming onto the phone. "Mark I need to see you! Urgently! Can we meet at boho gelato? " I asked. Mark agreed. 

Mark was already there when I arrived. He'd ordered himself a carrot cake gelato and a chocolate one for me. An apology. "Hey Mark!" I smiled warmly. "Hi?" Mark said as if  it were a question. "Don't worry I'm not angry....because I know the truth!" I explained not bothering with small talk. "I don't know what you mean." He muttered uncertainly. "Your not dating Zoe." I stated. "What would give you that idea....." He began then saw my expression. "So you watch my videos! Busted!" He laughed enclosing me in a huge hug with a sigh of relief. This was the Mark I'd watched since the beginning, even before he and Zoe were friends. "So why?" I asked. "Let's go for a walk." 

We strolled along the beach eating the gelatos Mark had bought us. "So, Zoe found out that Alfie had kissed Anna at a party...." "Anna sacconejoy?" I interrupted. "No! She was a journalist or something ANYWAY Zoe was furious and wanted revenge. I told her I'd help her....I was desperate  to make amends..." "Why?" I asked interrupting again. "It doesn't matter. So...." "Yes it does!" I demanded. "Ok....well I kinda sat on Nala." He said guiltily. I couldn't help bursting out laughing, typical Mark. "As I was saying I told her that I'd pretend to be her boyfriend to get back at Alfie. We were going to tell him the truth eventually .....it was just we didn't even think about how it would Impact on you. Zoe pretending that WE wanted to adopt you to make it realistic, she was going to try and sneak you out to let you in on the secret but it was to late. You were gone. We feel awful about it. Anyway Alfie still doesn't know the truth so please keep it up for an hour or two....then I'll take you out whilst Zoe and Alfie talk it out like grown ups. We just wanted  Alfie to get a taste of his own medicine so that Alfie would know how Zoe felt when they had a proper talk." He explained. I never imagined living with Zoe and Alfie would be this crazy but at least they weren't actually breaking up. I felt a wave of relief but also  guilt at how I'd hated poor innocent Mark. "This is a lot to take in....so their not breaking up?" I checked. "It depends how this chat goes I s'pose." "Wow.....this is mad! But....how. I still don't understand.......you were so guilty and......Zoe made excuses about seeing you and...." "She's just a good actress and I suppose I was a pretty good acter." Mark admitted. "Wait one more thing......Alfie cheated!!!!!?????" I asked horrified. Mark nodded. "It was only a kiss but still." "Wow!" I gasped again. "Wow."