Annabeh Chase (based from a true story)

Look, I'm not dead ok? But since it's spring break, I'll try to update some. I'll add some details, but indeed if you remove the demigod stuff, it's real.
She says that it was the most stressing time that year, but she actually sort of enjoyed getting back on the teacher at the end.
Enjoy

---

Maria's POV (totally not attack on titan reference):
I walked to my classroom, C5. C, for c building and 5, for the fifth room. I'm an elementary school student, and today we were going to have a new substitute teacher. I was silently dancing because this could possibly mean with a super nice teacher with no homework. Now, I'm not bragging but me and 5 other people are what others consider the "top" because we are like straight ME (A) students. We are taking Wonders for reading and Stepping Stones for math. The answers are way too easy to find because they ask the same exact darn question except in different stories.
Anyways, I finally trudged up the two flights of stairs and walked to my classroom. There were a bunch of bags and two classmates, Sina and Jasmine were talking. And of course, there was Miss. Chase, our best student helper ever! Now, I know she's supposed to be the president of an Architect company but her backup degree was becoming a teacher. Rumor says that she was a super smart, straight A student! She says she wants to be an architect, but she wants a degree in teaching just in case. I know, she's very tactical. Suddenly, I snapped out of my ADHD, also known as My-Fricken-Mind-wanders-everywhere-and-suddenly-acts-like-a-philosopher. There were a lot more kids now, since it's 7:45. The door opened, and stepped out an eldery woman. To me, she seemed super nice so I thought today would be nice and smooth.

--Time skip--

First, she introduced herself to us, and with her name on the board-a typical teacher's introduction. But I subconsciously noticed that she might not be my type and Mina and Freddie glancing at each other with faces that obviously states that this day is going to be--- ah ADHD dammit!

-time skip again, there will be a lot of these-

After recess, she was teaching to us about Greek mythology after the mist's disappearance. This week's new unit was about demigods, and to discuss about them.
"Now class what are demigods?" She said in a high pitched whiny voice.
I pretty much cringed along with the smart kids. She sounded like that old evil lady trying to act like a baby sitter. I mean, Nina, Sina, and Freddie plow through mythology and fantasy related books. One of them is called "Mortal Instruments."
"They are children of gods and humans." Dan said.
"Yes yes, but please raise your hand next time."
I internally scoffed. Look old lady, people say fifth graders should be holy saint like role models that younger kids should look up to. Wrong. Our class is a rebel. We forgot how to raise our hands forever ago I don't even know how long it's been.
We the smart kids were plowing through our homework, including mythology, look how easy the question is:
1. Who did the 12 labors?
A:Hercules, duh
2. What is the Minotaur, and who killed it?
A: a monster that came from a date with a princess and a cow so he looks like a half human, half cow beast that's on stereoids. Persus killed him.
And that's how the questions went. By the time I was done with my homework, everyone else started so I started to read a quite interesting book called "Warriors: Into the Wild." I was peacefully reading until Ms. Imsorrybutwhatwasyournameagain came to me and asked "What book are you reading young Miss?" I answered "Warrior cats." She gasped and snatched the books out of my hands.
"Young children like you shouldn't be reading books about savage cats! You're too innocent to even touch these kinds of books, understand?"
Now, she probably expected me to say "Yes, I understand. These books are scourges of Satan and I should never read them" -or something like that. But, we were savages so I said
" Nope, and before you ask "why is that young lady?" I'll tell you something. If you think that this book is all about fighting then read more. There's love and family bonding in there too. Plus, do you expect us Fifth graders to fall for petty fake realities of butterflies and rainbows? Noooooooooo. Why? Because grown ups like you sometimes are too stubborn to let anything new in, like mythology."
I finished. Most of the class was staring in awe- no, they were just smiling but it was good enough, I secretly high fived my partner who's name was Ariana, also a smart kid.

-time skip-

The final bell rang as our true torture finally ended. We rushed out of our classroom faster than a piranha in a feeding frenzy and skipped steps by jumping down the stairs. Then, Nina just had to ruin it by saying
"Uhh... Guys? I think we have her for two more days..."
She probably regrets it now because the wave of angry mutters and grumbles that came right after. I only caught a few.
"Holy mother of Zeus' thunder britches hell Tartarus gods dammit no!"
"For the sake of both Narnia and the wizard of oz, of all the timelines in the universe, it had to be this one. I beg you fates... WHY?!?!?!?"
"If I have to play logic magic again, please Athena, beautiful and great goddess of wisdom, aid me in finding the facts! Please I beg you!" Guess who said that.
Yup. Me...